Chapter 62

The Young Hunters, Qrow Branwen and Maria Calvera were now standing outside the military base, after Yang said a bad pun at the guards.

Yang:"Come on, you haven't even made us talk !!" she yelled angruly.

Guard:"Our orders are very clear! The border between Mistral and Atlas is closed. With permission, we wish you a good day!"

Yang:"But-" she was then interrupted by the second guard.

Guard 2:"A good day!!!"

Qrow:"Look if you don't want to believe me when I say I'm a friend of Ironwood-" he was then corrected by the two guards.

Guards:"General Ironwood!!!"

Qrow:"Yeah, General Ironwood, I get it. Weiss Schnee is still here with us, and we will be happy to accompany her home safely."

The guards then looked at each other and back at the Young Hunters, Qrow Branwen and Maria Calavera.

Guards:"Come forward."

Weiss then looked at Qrow, ho just shrugged before she started making her way towards the Guards.

Guards:"Very well. You can speak to our commander. We will go to call her immediately. Atlas! Atlas! Atlas!!!" the two guards then left to enter the military base.

Blake:"They didn't seem to you, a little ..."

Sun:"Completely out of their mind? A little."

Maria then put an hand to her chin and was in her thoughts.

Oscar then looked at Maria in confusion.

Oscar:"What is wrong?"

Maria:"Well, here ... I may know this commander."

Ruby:"That's good news, isn't it? Perhaps she will be more willing to help us, since you are friends."

Y/n:"Here you see, 'friends' is not exactly the term I would use. Or colleagues. I would say more like ..."

Maria:"Enemies, yeah. That's the one!!"

Oscar:"Seriously?" he asked in surprise.

Maria:"But yeah, I come here every ten years or so to go and check Atlas's eyes. I swear, just take two cashews on the plane once and you're branded for life with a double cycle of security checks on each flight!"

Qrow:"You gotta be kidding me."

Jaune:"Why can I somehow relate from that? Except the whole security stuff." he said glaring at Yang, Weiss, Nora and Ren, who looked down in embaressement, still remembering how they treated him. And even do is a silly thing that Maria had just said, it just bring back, some memories he was trying to get away from his head.

Maria:"Come on, don't despair. Maybe she is dead."

Jaune:"This bringing back some dark thoughts too."

Y/n:"Jaune, don't do any of the stuff you're thinking right now, youre better than this, come on." she said clearly reading his thoughts.

Jaune:"I just thought about it for a second, it's not like I'm going to do it."

Then the gates of Argus opened as the guards then walked up to the Young Hunters, Qrow Branwen and Maria Calavera.

Guards:"Here you go, the special agent, Caroline Cordovin!"

Caroline Cordovin then made her presence known as she walked up to Maria and glare at her straight in the eyes.

Caroline:"Witch."