Chapter 82

In the underground city Pauline was now interacting a lot with Qrow Branwen and builting up a great relationship as they were now talking on the dinner table.

Pauline:"You should have seen what Ilia looked like. I bet that no one had ever defeated her in such a short time before. This was the first and last time she tried to have a fight with me. That girl makes a mess of it, but in the end she's a sweetheart. General Ironwood was supposed to give more funds to the Prison Entertainment Service, she ran away the first day she entered Atlas."she said.

Qrow then start laughing as Pauline smiled.

Pauline:"And here's a nice smile, ladies and gentlemen! What did I win?"

Qrow:"Hey, the program is yours, I don't make the rules."

Pauline just smiled before she looked at her cup of tea.

Pauline:"Our boys and girls have been put to severe tests these past 3 years."

Qrow:"They're the toughest guys I've ever seen. At their age I was still doing the Academy of Hunters. They fought against the forces of darkness, and they always came out victorious. But, I don't want them to have to pay the price at some point in their lives. That day in Vale, it happened so quickly, we couldn't imagine that that day that was supposed to bring together many kingdoms of this world, was one of the worst in history. I had told Ozpin that we had to be careful who is among us, even his granddaughter had warned him ... yet, he was too confident .... and it was as if .... ... he already knew ... he already knew what was happening ... it hurts really bad, because we ..... we were a group ..... but ..... is that the first time in who knows how long we discovered the truth about him, I thought maybe ..... he was not fit to be a leader, he never was ..... and did nothing but ruin life of all ..... man, this is complicated. And now it all seems to me like a child's stupid imagination. Gone into thin air. Like everyone else."

Pauline then grabbed both of his hand and starred at his crimson eyes.

Pauline:"Believe it or not, I have a rough idea of what it's like. People tend to keep their distance from others when they are worried that you may discover their secrets. it's the kind of thing that makes it pretty difficult to create ... sincere relationships."

Qrow then starred at her beutiful blue ocean eyes as his face start turning red.

Qrow*blushing*:"I-I.....I've never thought about it that way."

Then all of the sudden General Ironwood, Winter Schnee and the Special Forces enter the room.

Ironwood:"Qrow Branwen, Pauline I need to speak to you."

Qrow:"You know, James I think it's a delicate moment, do you mind if we talk later?"

Harriett:"You better not get the General to repeat, Mr. Branwen, we need to talk about something very important and it's about The Eliacube."

Pauline:"Look honey, my darlings as it has already been established Winter has become the new Winter Maiden and can hold her powers, but Y / n has the right to keep the Eliacube. Because I think it's much better in her hands, as opposed to someone else's hands."

Ironwood:"The Eliacube is a relic of the Winter Maiden, therefore at the same time a Relic of Atlas. I know you are trying to do the right thing, but ... I sincerely believe that ..."he was then interrupted by Qrow.

Qrow:"The Eliacube, on the mind of mortals like us, humans and Faunus can have negative effects, we are basically fragile ... and not only in terms of strength ... but also in terms of mentality .... Listen James, you are a good person ... in fact, I can't believe what I'm about to say ... but I deeply respect you. This means that I like so many of us care about your health. That blow Cinder gave you must have done something to you ... you say you have visions ..... visions of being the hero that Remnant needs ..... and that's great but please .. .....go easy....."