Hellblazer and Primak: Fairytales Part 3#

Faunus parents entertain their children with bedtime stories about where they came from. "We are special," they say. "We were chosen." But chosen by whom.

.

.

.

.

The people emerge from the water. They look at themselves with animal parts on their bodies.

.

.

.

 The Goddess Osamodas travelled all over Remnant , seeking those who were a little more than human, and invited them to sail the shallow sea to discover their destiny.

.

.

.

.

.

Osamodas: "You do not fit in where you came from, but I know who you are. Leave this boat; enter the water. It will wash your old life away and show what you're always been just below the surface. You belong here. You are home."

"

The people jump into the waters from the boat, receiving animal parts on their bodies.

.

.

.

 Some of the people lept at the chance the Goddess offered.

.

.

.

.

The other people on the boat became appalled at those who jumped into the shallow sea and were transformed into part animal, part human. They angrily shout at the Goddess of Beasts.

.

.

.

Others were more skeptical.

.

.

.

The Goddess used her power and move the boat away from the isle.

Osamodas: "Though the sea did not touch you, it has revealed your own shallowness."

.

.

.

Fables often teach lessons such as the importance of looking beneath the skin. But for Faunus, the story of the Shallow Sea does something more vital. It reminds them from from the young agethat their own life have values. But Faunus are forced to grow up quickly. As they mature, they learn darker stories; in which the truth lies closer to the surface. Many, many years ago, in a far away land, there was a war between humans and animals.