Falling in black

I was falling into the darkest void I have ever seen. I could only remember flashes of what had happened before I found myself falling.

        Alex getting shot.

        The anger boiling up inside of me.

        My trying to kill the person behind all of this.

        My failure.

        I fell next to Alex. I saw her peaceful face. She opened her eyes and smiled at me.

        "You tried. Thank you for trying. I'll see you in the next life over," She said to me and closed her eyes for the last time.

        "Good bye. See you soon, mon ami," I told her.

        I heard a stampede running towards us. I passed out but not before felling Alfred holding me and hearing him scream that I couldn't leave. That I was going to be okay.

        I feel like I'm floating in water. Surrounded by darkness.

        A bright light appeared in front of me. I stared at it. Then I felt something yanking me back.

        My eyes shot open. I lifted my head up. I looked to my right and saw Alex lying in a hospital bed. I saw Allen sitting in a chair on Alex's side sleeping. I felt a dip on my bed to my left. I looked and saw Alfred sleeping with his head on my bed. I smiled and stroked his head. He grumbled and lifted his head up. He looked at me and his eyes went wide. He sat up and hugged me, almost choking the life out of me. I could tell he was crying. I hugged him back.

        Over the next few days word of me waking up spread like wildfire. Alex woke up hours after I did. We soon got out of the hospital, soon being a month or two. My life has since then been pretty much normal. With the occasional exception.