chapter fifty-four

season two ; episode four { Homecoming }
chapter fifty-four

DRIVING ALONG THE STREETS OF CHARLESTON FELT VERY HIGH CLASS FOR SOMEONE LIKE BROOKLYN

DRIVING ALONG THE STREETS OF CHARLESTON FELT VERY HIGH CLASS FOR SOMEONE LIKE BROOKLYN. The rows of grand houses that had been painted such showoff colours. Some yellow, some beige, some a sage green sort of colour and some were white but magnificent to look at. Brooklyn felt out of place just driving down this road in such a crappy car while all these people from Charleston had multiple cars parked outside their homes.

"They're fancy people. They've had three governors in the family. They've run Charleston for, like, three-hundred years."

Pope was pulling up in front of a home that looked awfully similar to the Cameron's house. "These Kooks make our Kooks look like Pogues."

The four of them glanced out the window to get a good look at the home they would be leaving Pope in. Didn't look like something out of a horror film so that was definitely a check. No booby traps by the looks of it. Check. Seems pretty perfect.

"You sure this is the place, Pope?"

"Pretty sure."

"All right." JJ pushed open the door, letting Brooklyn and Kiara climb out. Pope climbed out on the other side and stepped around to join his friends. "Fat City, for sure," JJ commented.

They even had gates outside their homes. This was definitely a top class place to be. Pope held up the letter in front of the home and said, "Twenty-seven King Street."

"Talk about home security." JJ glanced up at the spikes above the gate. "Are those spikes to keep people out?"

"No." Kiara shook her head.

"The slave quarters are over there." Pope pointed a finger before saying, "These spikes were to keep people in."

Once they found a way to open up the ridiculously tall gate, the four of them stepped up to the front door. Pope was first to knock on the door, the other three stayed back and observed.

Pope faced JJ just after slamming the door. "You think that was too much?"

"It echoed the entire house. That's for sure. So they definitely heard it."

"Maybe nobody's home."

Pope reached over and began to hit the door again until it swung open and revealed a man. A round-faced man with a lame excuse for a beard and ruffled locks of hair upon his head. If he lived in such a posh house like this, why was he dressed like he was homeless?