You Had To Be A Big Shot

The next few days went along somewhat smoothly. The Cobras stayed out of Daniel's way, but that didn't mean he didn't try to taunt them a bit. With their deal, he was untouchable.

But he couldn't be safe forever.

Johnny came marching over to the water fountain with a paper in hand. He had a smug look on his face as he practically threw it at Daniel. You and Ali stood next to him, eavesdropping on their conversation.

Daniel looked at the paper Johnny had just handed him. At the top, big bold letters read Death Certificate.

"What's this for?" Daniel asked.

"You gotta get your mommy to sign it so you can be in the tournament with the big boys."

You grimaced and Ali rolled her eyes. Real mature, Johnny.

Daniel tried his hardest to hide the rising fear. "I thought it was supposed to be no contact."

Johnny smirked. "Accidents happen."

You watched as Daniel gulped. Victoriously, Johnny turned and began walking away. About halfway down the sidewalk, he turned back to throw one more threatening comment Danny's way.

"Read it and weep. I'll see you in the tournament."

As he left, Ali immediately took another step closer to Daniel and began reassuring him. They walked away, and you could still hear Danny begging Ali not to punch Johnny in the gut.

Just then, a tap on your shoulder made you turn. Behind you stood Susan and Barbara with large smiles on their face.

"Hey!" They said in unison, a little too cheerfully.

You laughed skeptically. "Hi."

They looked at each other and smiled before Susan turned back to you and giggled. "So we were wondering..."

"Are you free Saturday night?" Barbara finished.

You thought over your schedule for a second. Momentarily, you forgot your mother would probably need help in the record shop. But you knew she would let you hang out with the girls.

"Yeah!" You exclaimed.

"Perfect," Susan exhaled, "we want to introduce you to our secret hangout spot."

Your eyes widened. "The secret hangout?"

"We thought it was about time." Barbara smiled.

Honored, you nodded your head with excitement. You were truly so flattered. After living in California for about a month, you finally started to feel like you belonged somewhere. The Cobras weren't constant, and you clearly missed out on a lot with Danny while he was avoiding you.

But the girls had always been there for you.

"I can't wait."

The girls exchanged a look before enveloping you in a large hug. When they pulled away, Susan clapped. "Alright, we'll pick you up Saturday night."
•••
Saturday night rolled around and you put on your best lipgloss. Your outfit was comfortable, but definitely fashionable. You felt confident and free.

When you walked into the record shop, your mother's face slightly fell.

"Hey, doll," she spoke quietly, "going somewhere?"

"Yeah," you grinned, "the girls are picking me up. They're taking me to their secret hangout spot."

"Oh, where's that?"