Chapter 62

Daisy ✧

Daisy

The next morning, I felt a lot more optimistic.

Angel and I were currently on our way to the 'warehouse'.

We hadn't talked much this morning, and it was surprising that it was more me than him.

I had no idea what to anticipate when I walked into the building. I had no idea how I would feel or respond when I saw his face.

We arrive at a tall building that is covered behind tall trees and bushes, making it difficult to see from distance.

Angel drives along the path and comes to a halt in front of the facility.

The building appeared to be old, but not old enough to be dilapidated or abandoned.

We exited the vehicle and proceeded to the heavily guarded main entrance.

Two hulking men stood outside the building, surrounded by others who appeared to be guarding all the entrances against outsiders.

As we entered the building, the two men at the front door stepped aside for Angel and me, nodding once before returning to their former positions.

As we proceeded through a hall, I gazed over the plain white walls; bodyguards stationed around different spots as we passed through corridors.

Angel led us down a dimly lit corridor until we came to a halt in front of a silver elevator.

He pressed the bottom button and then leant against the wall next to the elevator, looking down at his shoes.

I look blankly at the elevator, waiting for the doors to open.

The warehouse was mostly empty, except for the white couches that were displayed at the entryway when you first came in. Everything else was mostly empty rooms and blank walls.

The sound of a faint ping signalling the arrival of the elevator; the doors opened, and Angel leant off the wall, waiting for me to enter first.

Angel went in behind me as I strolled in and stood at the back. He stood next to me after pressing a button.

"You okay?" He notices my distance and glances down at me.

"Yeah," I respond.

As his fingers rubbed soothing circles on my exposed skin, his arm wrapped around my waist.

"We can leave whenever you're ready, yes?" He says this as he lifts his hand beneath my chin and tilts my head towards his.

Just as the elevator doors opened, I looked up at him and nodded.

My gaze wandered over the dimly lit corridor in front of us, which, to be honest, looked like something out of a horror film.

Angel stepped out, taking me with him and guiding me into the dimly lit corridor with his arm around my waist.