Chapter 23: A Jail Cell

"I had a fun, even if we are spending the night in here." Veronica tells me and Loren.

We are currently in an empty cell. All three of us together. Since we didn't commit a major crime we just have to spend the night in here. Basically they don't want us driving home drunk.

They confiscated all of our belongings, except for our clothes. They even took V's jewelry. They made Loren take her earrings out.

"Excuse me sir. I'm new to this whole jail thing, but I know I'm supposed to call someone to bail us out." Loren tells the officer sitting at the desk across from us.

Loren is calm now. She had a mini freak out moment, but she is better now.

"No ma'am. You will be released in the morning." He tells her.

"It's a right. We all three have the right to call someone. Taylor over here has connection and can get you fired. So let us call." This time it's Veronica who decides to speak.

The officer looks at me waiting for me to confirm I can indeed get him fired.

"Yes, I can get you fired." I confirm. "My parents are worshipped in this state. Also people are probably worried about us." I tell the man as is chief walks around the corner.

"What's going on here, Davis?"

"This ladies say they have the right to call someone." He tells the man completely ignoring us.

"All right, Davis take a break. I'm going to have a talk with these ladies."

Once Davis is out of sight the man starts talking. "What did you ladies do? I've never seen Davis that aggravated."

Loren and I look over at V. "I just wanted to post that picture on Snapchat. I also want to smoke. Y'all don't have anything around? You know since drug dealers have probably have been in this cell."

"She's still a little tipsy." I tell the man.

"That's exactly why y'all are staying the night. We cannot let you go if you have alcohol or drugs in your system. We have to wait until it is out. We're not going to be responsible for some college kids driving drunk." I respect them for doing that. They save lives, by doing that. "You do not get to call anyone to bail you out because you are not being held on bail. Do you know how many girls we have brought in for rolling that house? Too many. So in the morning you will be released."

"Can we still call someone? Our friends are worried about us, we kinda disappeared."

"Fine. Three calls, one each."

"Who do we call I ask?" The girls

"I'll call Hayden." Loren tells us

"Okay, I'll call Chase."

"I'll call whoever y'all want. My parents are out of state."

"You can call Gabe." Loren tells V.

"Wait! My dog!" At this exact moment I forgot that my dog is stuck in V's car. Poor baby. I'm a horrible mother.

"Let's get to calling." V suggest.

The officer opens the door and leads us all into a room with a phone.

Veronica is first. "What's his number?" I look over at Loren expecting her to know but she doesn't. She looks at me, asking if I know.

"I don't know." She speaks.

"Okay then what about Chase or Hayden?" Veronica asks.

We just stay quiet.

"Come on ladies. I don't have all day." The officer complains.