Part 9 : Second day

Sorry for the wait, lazy. Over 900 reads, I think this chapter might put it at 1k after release.

Please point out any spelling or grammar mistakes I may have made. Hope you enjoy.

------------------------------------------

It's the next day, I just spent the night roaming around. I found out I can make myself along with my stuff invisible using illusion magic so I just flew around with my stuff on, why bother taking it off when I don't need to anyway. Nothing really interesting happened.

I'm currently in the guild building, I decided to just explore the building first. I went to the second floor and there was a bunch of tables with a few people talking and eating at each table. I saw a bar at the opposite corner of the floor. I could see one or two people getting drunk over there.

I went to the next floor and it was filled with books. Along the walls had book shelves with lots of books, I looked at some of the books and they had titles like "History of the Graito Kingdom" , "What you need to know about the demon kingdom" , "Basics of Magic" , "Herb Catalogue" and "Realm of the Divine".

From what I can tell, it's mostly stuff to help adventurers with some other books mixed in. I realized I didn't really know much about this world and what other way to learn more about it other than reading. 

I started with a book with a title I thought was interesting, "Guide to Monsters". There was quite a lot of monster that were in this book, wolves, golems, worms, sea monsters and etc. It was all very detailed to where they are found, what they can be used for, what they can do, how dangerous they are, what to do, behavior, species and more. I just skipped over most of the sections, just read the interesting bits. For example, a flower that silently latches on to a animal or person and tears it from the inside out by growing and eating away at the flesh and bone. 

So anyway, I found a section in the book on spirits. It said that spirits are beings manifested from mana condensing from the surrounding area, and that mana inheritably has a dark and light which can affect the spirit. Different areas have different concentrations of light and dark mana. So certain types of spirits will only appear in certain areas. 

I went to the species part. It says that all spirits have a element that they can specialize in but aren't unable to use other elements, it also mentions that is the same for all monster and people as well. It shows that there are three kinds of spirits mainly, lesser, spirits and higher spirits. Turn out regular spirits are rarer than lesser ones. It explains that higher spirits have types that are based on how much dark and light mana they're composed of. 

I stopped reading it there because it was getting a bit boring. I went to the stairs for the next floor but there was only a door that said "Guild Staff only". There was pretty much nothing else to explore so I went back down to the first floor.

I picked out a monster hunting quest. The quest was for the extermination of an infestation of slimes that were spotted in the forest near a village called Kanolus. I don't know the layout of this world but thankfully there is a convenient map next to the board. It looks like Kanolus is southwest from where the city is.

I exited the city gates and made my way swiftly to the direction of the village. I flew high in the air while making my stuff invisible so as to not draw attention, I arrived at the village and landed back on the ground. I moved away from the village a bit to make it seem like I came in by walking instead of flying. I removed my magic and walked towards the village entrance.

I saw a guy at the entrance and went up to him.

"Excuse me, I'm here to exterminate the slimes near this village can you direct me to where they are?" I asked

"Oh you must be an adventurer. I'm glad that the slime problem will be dealt with they're really quite an annoyance. You can just go into the forest and you will find them pretty quickly, they are hard to miss." he replied

"Thanks"

I explored the forest looking for slimes. From the picture they were the cute blobs that you see in anime and stuff. And just like the guy said, I found the slimes quite fast. There were lots of them and I mean    l o t s    of them, it was definitely the right thing to call this an infestation. 

I was surrounded by slimes but they didn't really pay any attention to me at all. So as what anyone would do, I used ice magic and killed all the slimes in my view. I sensed more because of [Magic Detection] and I finished off every last one of the slimes. I received my rewards from the leader of the village and went back to the city without issue. I was given 1 silver as my reward, I could get a bag soon but still 20 copper coins short which I had the perfect solution for

Doing more quests

I was back at the guild and was back at the guild quest board trying to find a quest. I decided to look at the news section of the board and I found something interesting. It looks like the military of the kingdom wants to recruit adventurers to help increase their power.

"Oh, hey, are you interested in that" I heard a voice behind me

"No, I'm just looking." I turned around and saw the boy that I observed when figuring out how to join the adventurers guild

"Oh, I see. Right, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Philrei, are you a new adventurer too?"

"Yeah I joined yesterday." I replied

"I have an idea, since we both are new we should team up right. Help each other out y'know."

"Mmm, sure why not. Could use some company actually."

"Great, so wanna work together on a quest now or tomorrow." Philrei asked, he seems to be excited that I greed to join up with him 

"Tomorrow I just wanna get a bit more money so not today."

"Oh, alright see you tomorrow" he said as he went to look at quest

I went over to the quests as well and looked over the quest options. I decided to go for a delivery quest, it was quite simple and had paid more than enough to get me a bag. The quest was to deliver a box to another village, to the east, called Anatos.

The village was quite far but I can get there quickly. I should probably ask if the box has anything fragile inside. Welp, let's get this over with.

-----------------------------

And that's the end, this chapter basically just introducing a new character. I don't know how to describe thes characters so you can just imagine them however you like.