Chapter 15 - Nico's Special Move

Uno and I arrived back in the stands to see Nico screaming and flailing at Hajime.

Hajime: "Where the hell did you run off to, inmate?"

Nico: "LISTEN TO ME!! THIS GUY WAS FLOATING IN THE AIR!!

Hajime: "Huh? I get it, you hit your head."

Nico: "I'M TELLING YOU THE TRUTH!! IT'S REAL!! I REALLY SAW IT!! I DID!!"

Hajime: "Alright, sure you did..."

Mitsuru: "Our new year's tournament has come down to its final two events!! And the next one will be..."

Jinx: "Why is the ground shaking?"

The entire arena suddenly opened.

Jyugo: "Oh no... a giant hole! Why is there a giant hole?!"

Jinx: "I wanna see!"

Jyugo lifted me up and sat me on the wall. He wrapped his arms around me to keep me in place.

Jinx: "Woah..."

Mitsuru: "Our fourth event... will be top spinning!!"

Uno: "So if the top spinning stage is gonna be that big?!"

Mitsuru: "These are the tops your teams will be using!!"

Mitsuru was standing next to a giant spinning top that was almost twice his size.

Uno & Jyugo: "Yep, they're enormous too."

Mitsuru: "This event will mostly require good teamwork!! Probably!"

Jinx: "Probably?"

Mitsuru: "Send your top spinning in the centre of the stage! Then figure out a way to knock your opponent's top out of bounds or destroy it to win!!"

Rock: "Destroy it?!"

Mitsuru: "Up to three teammates can participate! Like in Hyakunin Isshu, only one of those participants can be a guard!! But first, let's reintroduce our teams! Lead by Hajime Sugoroku, a hulking superhuman gorilla!!"

Hajime: "Who are you calling a gorilla!!"

Mitsuru: "Building 13 has yet to lose a match!"

Samon: "Hahahahaha!! Seems like a good description to me!!"

Mitsuru: "Opposing 13, led by a moronic monkey! All squeal, no bite!"

Samon: "Say that again and see what happens, Mitsuru!"

Mitsuru: "We have Samon Gokuu of building 5!!"

I laughed as Hajime made mocking monkey sounds.

Samon: "I'm going to destroy you!"

Hajime: "Keep on squealing, monkey boy."

Mitsuru: "And now, competing in the second match of the fourth event! He's all talk and proud of it! From a distance, he may look and smell like a poisonous tropical flower. But get closer and you'll find a pheasant in heavy makeup-"

Kiji: "I will sue you for slander, you prick!!"

Mitsuru: "Building 3's Kiji Mitsuba! Against him, in a well pressed cape and uniform, accessorized with a slick red power tie and black eye patch, we have Kenshirou Yozakura!! Former police dog trainer and supervisor of building 4!!"