Chapter 10

I don't own anything

After drying off in the shower I decided to go and clean my armor off a bit. I had to use a power hose on the damn thing to wash out all of the demon guts and blood that has dried up on it. After giving it a very extensive wash I polished it with some of the cleaner we had in storage. Since the other sentinels were dead I had a large abundance of armor cleaner I could use for myself.

After cleaning and polishing my armor I put it on and started getting to work I'm the base. It had been offline for a while meaning the place need a serious cleaning over. Started it off with dusting the place, then cleaning the floors and waxing them. Then I checked for any damage the place my have sustained over the years. Luckily it was minimal and I made repairs with ease from the utilities closet which was bigger than you might think.

As I was patching some cracks in the wall when my stomach began to rumble, guess it was time to make that pot roast. Luckily the fridge ingredients are still good, probably sentinel magic bullshit. Not like I'm gonna complain though.

I started cooking my pot roast until vega said-

Vega: Slayer the event for the hall of justice will begin in thirty minutes.

I looked at my room despite my workshop the place was pretty barren I needed to make the place stand out a bit more maybe grab some stuff from earth to make it feel more homie. Then I looked at my pot roast that was cooking

Me: Alright Vega take me down to the hall of justice.

Vega: Activating portal.

The gate in the hub area started up and the blue portal opened. Just like normal I walked through it and ended up in the entrance of the hall of justice.

I looked around to see any familiar faces only for Shazam jump down right in front of me.

Shazam: Dude you made it!! It's been forever since I last saw you!!

Me: It's been almost a month Shazam it really hasn't been that long.

Shazam: Well yeah but we've all still stayed in contact with each other but you just disappeared!! Vic said you went to darksied home planet or something crazy like that.

Me: I did.

Shazam: What why?!!!

Me: didn't mean to it was an accident, was trying to get home but ended up on apokilps.

Shazam: Wait so how did you survive?

Me: I just kept killing things......until I......ran out of evil things to kill.

Shazam:.......were talking about demons right?

Me: Yeah........I had a good time there.

Shazam: I think you've got anger management issues man.

Me:............shut up.

Me and Shazam were about to walk in the door when we were confronted by a journalist. She wore a pink Blouse and black pants and her black hair was tied in a ponytail.

???: Excuse me a moment of your time? I'm Lois lane from the daily planet may I ask you some questions.

So this is Lois in this universe Huh? Well thanks to me killing darksied she won't be eaten by doomdemons.

Me: Sure ask your questions

Lois: Thank you! Now doomslayer or what your teammates seem to call you "doom". Not many are aware of who you are, while the other heroes have been around and spotted for some time now your seen as a new arrival.

Me: Well that's most likely to do with the place of my work.

Lois: And what exactly is your work?

Me: Killing demons

Lois: Demons? Do you mean the alien invaders?

Me: No I mean demons, more of the biblical sense that survive off of the pain and suffering of others.

She looked at me confused almost not able to comprehend what I was saying. Guess interviewing an alien she can do but believing that the forces of hell exist is a little beyond her.

Lois: Your serious? Demons like heaven and hell?

Me:Well they don't call it that, hells more known as the dark realm. They conquer entire worlds and slaughter all there inhabitants to only resurrect as demonic puppets for their own gain.

Lois tried to look for any signs of deceit in my face but found none. She was starting to grow a little worried as I stared her down.

Lois: If that's the case.....then why haven't we seen any demonic activity?

Me: Because I'm damn good at my job. I try to keep my fights with the demons in hell most times to avoid innocent lives being at risk.

Lois: And how long....have you been fighting?

Me: Hard to tell time moves differently in hell a day here is comparable to a year there. But my guess is a long fucking time.

Lois: R-right!

Just that Superman motioned me to meet at the entrance.

Me: It would seem that I am needed have a good evening ms lane.

Lois: Oh- yes of course to you as well doom.

I walked my way to the entente next to Superman.

Superman: You didn't have to scare the life out of that reporter you know.

Me: I didn't mean to, but from what people tell me I'm apparently a very intimidating person.

???: Ain't that the truth.

I see the source of the voice and it was Hal Jordan. Ohhh yay.

Hal: I just got out from a talk with the guardians apparently they want to have a little chat with you about throwing an evil new gods planet and armies down the universal garbage disposal.

I really didn't want to deal with the guardians, those holier than though pricks. I'm the comics ganthet was alright but the rest of them all had a stick up the ass. And considering what happened on sector 666 and the anti monitor trusting the guardians is a fucking death sentence. Then there's the whole blackest night arc and........Jesus I'm gonna hate dealing with the little blue jackasses.

Me: Tell them to leave a note on my desk and I'll get to it.......maybe.

Hal: Ha! Man I wish it could be that simple but I sadly have to listen them nag my ear off about why getting you to them ASAP is so important.

Wonder woman:What is so important?

Diana flew down to the ground standing next to me and Hal.

Hal: Our resident firearms enthusiast here just sent majority of darksieds minions into the void. Now my bosses want to have a word with him face to face.

Wonder Woman: You've destroyed darksieds remaining armies? Single handly?!

Me: No I had Vega my AI transport the place to somewhere it could do no more harm. Though I did have to fight my way through the planet and kill darksied lieutenants in order to get the keys to destroy the base.

Wonder woman: That is most impressive my friend! The false gods army shall threaten no more!

Me: Thank you Diana, though his general is still out there. Once I've defeated him then the universe will be free of his presence.

Wonder Woman: Then I shall accompany you!! Together we shall rid the universe of this evil once and for.

() is thinking

Me:(no) sure!

Me:(WHAT?!)

Wonder Woman: Wonderful!! Now let us go inside and meet the others.

Me:(WHY DID I SAY YES?!!! WHY AM I THINKING WITH MY DICK INSTEAD OF MY BRAIN?!!)

I sigh in annoyance, there was no backing out now. Though it would have been faster doing it by myself I guess I'm bring Diana with me. Let's just hope that this doesn't end with her getting killed.