Chapter - 16 A touch?

Raine Simmons - Blackwood

I hopped into the shower immediately after we reached home. I led mum to her room to rest, whereas others already left by the time we entered the hallway.

I let the water soothe down my muscles, standing there for god knows how long, as my mind wandered elsewhere.

I decided to put the, chasing of my prey session on hold, for some time.

Raven and her cousin Mecca were already taking care of them. It was lucky that my powers came in handy.

A while during our practice, I communicated with them through my mind. It doesn't matter where I am, I could inform them or talk to them in a matter of seconds.

It was my plan, to let Rave and Mec stay close by, just in case. After I had him out, I immediately informed her of the condition and ordered them to chase those assholes responsible for his condition.

Mecca being a hybrid, a mix of a werewolf and a witch, could identify the scent perfectly. With that, we caught them, in mere minutes.

They might be rotting in the dungeon cells for all I care.

I can't let my anger take a toll on me, it wouldn't do good to His majesty either. After all, we can feel each other's emotions and I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable or experience something he couldn't decipher in his state.

The anger I experienced before, was nothing compared to what I was feeling then.

I was darn irresponsible. How could I have left him alone?

Sure he is the King, but he couldn't have sensed the blast, like I did.

I don't know, what I would've done if he -

He -

I didn't want to know, hell I didn't even want to think about it.

I know he means nothing to me, nothing except a mere responsibility, but why was this empty feeling in my chest eating me alive?

Could it be possible that I have grown to like him, in a mere week?

Nah!

" Raine? You in there? " came a soft voice from outside, breaking my chain of thoughts.

" Yes Amby, give me a minute, please," I yelled as I turned my shower off.

When I stepped out of the bathroom, I found Amby sitting on one of the chairs, with a food tray on her lap.

" Hey !! " I said as I sat next to her.

" Hey, Raine !! Are you okay? " She caressed my hand. Her face creased with concern.

" I am. " I tried to smile. " Give me that !! I am famished. " I took the tray from her.

" Okay okay !! I will let you eat. If you need anything, let me know. " She said leaving me alone to my thoughts.