two

26 March, 2016

Aries was walking around their hotel room holding his daughter and rocking her, while just gazing at her lovingly. The doctor had told them she had complete heterochromia, meaning her eye color in both eyes were different, just like their oldest son.

The doctor reassured there would be no problems with her vision and it was completely genetic so there was no need to worry.

Little Scarlett was a very curious and calm baby, she rarely got fussy but boy when she did, Aries would panic hard which was amusing to watch for Athene.

Scarlett mostly just slept, ate and shit like all the other babies but when awake, she would stare at anything ans everything. One thing they noticed was whenever her dad held her, she would just keep staring at his face and then start moving her hands around like she wanted to touch him.

She needed a lot of skin to skin so sometimes she slept on her father's bare chest.

Aries was broken out of his trance by the loud ringing of his phone which startled Scarlett and woke her up.

Her face scrunched up, meaning she was about to cry.

"Oh no. Baby please don't cry I can't handle it. " He muttered pleadingly as he handed her to her mom so he could answer his phone.

"Hello?"

"ARIES DAMIEN ROMANO!" His fathers voice reached out, making him jump.

"Uh- good morning dad." He nervously chuckled.

"Boy you're looking to get your ass beaten! It's been a month on this surprise vacation of yours and not a single call to atleast let us all know you're alive! Your sons are worried out of their minds! We couldn't reach you either but when we called your guards they told us you were fine. what the fuck son!" He yelled through the phone.

"I'm sorry father. Something came up and we were a little busy." He vaguely explained. He wanted to surprise them when they went home the next day.

"Hm. And when were you going to tell me about my grandchild being born?" Salvatore Romano calmly asked in a deadly tone.

"Fucking hell it was supposed to be a surprise!" Aries cursed loudly making Salvatore laugh.

"Don't worry no one else knows. I'm not even going to ask the gender since I know it's a boy. Although I'd hoped for a girl but that's just wishful thinking." He chuckled.

Aries had a huge smirk on his face when he answered.

"Yeah yeah, we're coming back tomorrow so can you gather everyone at the mansion dad? Valencia's included." He added, knowing his father would avoid calling Senior Valencia. They had this little rivalry going on, nothing too serious.

They were acting like little kids to be very honest.

"Do I have to call the fucktard too?" He grumbled.

"That's my father in law and yes, you have to. " Aries snickered.

"Fine." He huffed and hung up.

His family was going to have the shock of their lives the next day.

He quickly made his way back inside only to see his baby girl asleep in her mommy's arms.

"Who was it?" Athene asked quietly, rocking Scarlett a little bit when she stirred.

"Dad. He knows about Scarlett being born but he thinks it's a boy." Aries snorted.

Athene laughed.