Chapter 12

Days went by after the festival, yet Charlotte couldn't get the thought of the kiss that night out of her head.

I really need to stop thinking about it.

Charlotte calls for a maid,

"Prepare me a hot bath."

"Alright."

Charlotte gets into a bathrobe and enters the hot bath.

It's nice and warm.

-

Charlotte exits the bath and dresses up into a soft blue modest dress.

A maid enters Charlotte's room,

"Miss, The duke has requested for your presence in the main room."

"Okay, be right there."

The maid leaves the room. Charlotte takes a deep breath and goes to the main room.

"Hello Father, what is it that you have asked for me?"

Charlotte takes a glance of the room and sees her brother and sister sitting on the couch.

"Take a seat and I'll explain."

Charlotte takes a seat next to Emilia.

"As you can see I've gathered you all here because I want you guys to attend the infamous Xiezuo Academy."

We all gasp at the same time,

"Since when were we allowed to enter such high class academy?"

"I wrote you all recommendation letters. You all have to pack your bags, you're leaving next week on Monday pronto."

"Ah I see." Charlotte said.

"Who's gonna help me pack?" asked Emilia.

"Just do it yourself or go ask your maids." said Asher.

"Okay then, I'll go start packing." Charlotte said,

"Isn't that a little too early? You still have 3 more days till Monday."

"I don't like to do things last minute, so I'm gonna go."

Charlotte excuses herself and goes straight to her room.

Charlotte takes out a large bag and stuff random clothes inside of it: Banquet dresses, pants and suits, modern dresses and commoner clothes.

-
-
Days past and it's now the day before they were supposed to get to the Academy.

A maid goes into Charlotte's room.

"The duke has requested your presence in the main room."

"Huh? Alright, I'll be there."

Charlotte gets up from her seat and closes the book she was reading, she goes to the main room.

"Hello father." She takes a seat and sees her two siblings beside her.

"Sigh, my apologies. I've called you three here because.."

"Huh?" The three said it at the same time.

"As you know, tomorrow is the day you all will be arriving at the academy. Well, I forgot to tell you all but. There's an entrance exam. It's basically about sword fighting, the history of Dianly and mana. If you can't pass the exam, you won't be able to enter."

"..."

Both Asher and Emilia were speechless but Charlotte spoke up.

"So, you're telling us this now before the day of the exam..?"