.35.

Ignore him sanyukta.

Ignore him.

He can't harm you.

You are not a kid anymore, you are a full grown woman who can save herself effectively.

I hear the chair beside me scrap against the floor.

"You don't come to that restaurant anymore?" His voice was calm but little stern.

I continued my work avoiding him. I was doing good until a cold palm was put over mine. I swear i flinched so hard that I almost knock my chair back. Thankfully I was saved from that embarrassment.

"What are you doing?" I asked getting up from my seat.

"I just wanted to talk to you." Denver voice was lower now while he took his hand away.

"But i don't want to do anything with you anymore. So you better leave me alone or else .." I took few steps away.

"Or else what..." He suddenly look so offended. "You will call Randhir to rescue you ....." He took a big step toward me.

I wasn't going to say that but why would Dexter say that?

"You know how much angry I feel when i ever see him looking at you." He took another step. "It almost made me remember our old days together."

"Together? You called that togetherness?" I was offended now.

"Atleast i could keep you close to me when i bullied you." Denver voice fall to whisper.

"You are insane." I threw my notepad at his chest but it hit him on his chin instead. He close his eyes at the impact and took a deep breath.

when he open his eyes, i almost saw the old Denver back in those eyes. Those eyes which used to wait for me, to bully me, to make me cry, to see me crumble down.

I looked toward the door to take a quick exit but a sudden grip over my arm hold me back.

"This is not over yet." He say it as a warning and move to leave but then he turn back.

"And next time check before you go in those strange streets. You can't be that desperate for a job." Denver squinted his eyes at me.

What the hell.

How does he know?

I went after him but he wasn't anywhere. Suddenly i felt very alone in these empty corridors. The only place which can make me feel home is Randhir right now, so there is where I was in next moment.

I enter his room without any knock and without any hesitation. I stop in front of his desk and saw him rubbing his forehead.

"Please sanyukta. If you are here to argue about something then can we please wait for some hours?" He said resting his head back on his chair.

I suddenly feel very sad for him. Do we argue that often? But i do irritate him a lot. I somehow felt responsible for that headache. Specially my morning stunt, so I slowly walked upto his chair. Standing behind the chair i slowly raise my palms up and in next moment my fingers disappear in his soft locks.

A loud grunt came from his throat but he didn't make any effort to stop me so I considered that grunt as encouragement. So i continued my work with full dedication.

Oh my god, his hair are so soft.

I felt him sitting more relaxed beneath my fingers. The chair slouched back a little more  while his hands fall on his lap. I slowly moved my fingers to his temple and massage it gently.

His skin. My god, his skin.

I stroked his forehead few times before reaching down to his neck.

If only he would allow me to finish his sufferings for once and all.

But no. He is not that bad.

So i moved lower down to his shoulder and massage them a little over his shirt.

I moved to ask him if he is better now only to find his eyes close.

I wasn't sure if he fall sleep or he is just relaxing. So i decided not to disturb him. Moving back a little I took a deep breath. Something moved inside my heart. I wanted him to be relaxed like this everyday. Because of me.

And then out of a sudden i made a mental note.

I won't irritate him from now on.

I don't want to.

Bringing a little peace to him has given me so much peace. I want this peace.

I look around the mess in his office.

Six cup of coffee and yet he is sleeping.

Walking around the room I start putting the things on place. I put his files in cabinet, throw away all the crumbled pages in dustbin. Cleanse the coffee cups. Water the natural plants he had in his cabin. I was ready to leave him alone but a phone rang. The phone on the table was ringing. I didn't want it to wake him up so i picked it up. I quickly opened a notepad and write down what Ms Shah's assistant wanted.

Meeting with Ms Shah, at 9 a.m. on Wednesday.
Files already done just his signatures are needed.

"Thank you. Good evening." She hang up the phone and I made a little thumbs up at the end of that note.

"That was smooth." I jumped at the sudden voice. Gosh he really scared me with that husky and dark voice.

Is this his sleepy voice? I should wake him up more often from now on.

"What? This Thumbs up?" I smile at my little doodle.

"The call." He pointed out. Then he fall into deep thoughts before squinting his sleepy eyes and asked.

"You need a job right?"

Thank you so much.
Please vote and comment.