26. a duel

things with taehyung and jungkook became more closer lately.

taehyung was practically living in jungkooks home now- starting and ending his days with the alpha, everyday them returing back after their respective works, to be in each others arms, engulfed by the scents, just kissing or making love.

it was simple and happy.

nowadays, with the little time jungkook gets after his work, the alpha is also upto something, secretly.

he was preparing the final courting gift for taehyung, with which he was going to ask the omega to be his mate, to be each others forever.

jungkook had readied the purest white fur for it, even going as far as to dive down the deepest part of the river to collect pearl oysters, to line the coat with beautiful shiny pearls, meticulously sewing in each of them everyday.

he wanted this to be perfect.

□□□

it was a lazy evening, most of the village gathered around just enjoying some sweets and then chatting.

jungkook and taehyung was there too- them practically glued to each others side, with the alpha occasionally feeding sweets to the omega who was talking animatedly to jimin about something.

taehyung was dressed prettily in one of his satin purple shirt, even his eyes lined and lips tinted purposefully.

jungkook as always was enamored, and couldn't really stop himself from complimenting the omega or take his eyes off the other, always wondering how he himself got so lucky.

jungkooks train of thoughts were interrupted when he felt another presence coming his way.

it was hanjae.

the alphas posture was good natured, his eyes sweeping to taehyung once before settling on jungkook who had his eyebrows raised at hanjae,

"up for a friendly duel, jeon?" hanjae had asked over a smirk.

it was nothing uncommon for alphas just have friendly fights to blow off some steam. but jungkook hesitated today, since this was just a peaceful evening.

"scared you cant beat me?" hanjae taunted and that had jungkook narrowing his eyes.

"we will see about that soon" jungkook leveled his shoulders and stood up, everyone around excited and whistling at it.

but a hand on jungkooks wrist stopped him and the alpha looked back to see taehyung looking up at him with worried eyes.

taehyung just doesn't trust hanjae.

"its just a friendly match, cherry. dont look so worried" the alpha laughed good naturedly, before leaning down to kiss taehyungs forehead.

"dont get hurt please" taehyung returned the peck and followed after jungkook to the clearing were hanjae was already taking off his shirt.

people were gathered around in a circle, already talking among themselves on who might win and the pack grounds were thrumming with energy.

soon the two shifted- the massive black wolf facing his opponent, the equally large grey wolf.

they snarled and growled, red eyes already trained at each other.

"no biting or clawing." someone had reminded the important rule and with one whistle the wolves jumped at each other.

taehyung was standing by the front of the crowd, hands fisted and eyes wide, never taking it off jungkooks wolf, anxiously watching as mud splattered with each jump and tackle of the wolves; them rolling on the ground, muscles shifting under the furs, snarling and baring its teeth at each other.