Chapter LXXVII - Would You Want That?

Elizabeth squealed with laughter as Bucky held her close and span her across the small dance floor. His smile lit up his whole face and his eyes sparkled with laughter and love as he gazed adoringly at her. He pushed her out, spinning her again as she threw her head back and laughed freely, before pulling her back in, her back to his chest and his hands splayed possessively over her stomach. Butterflies took flight within when she felt him there, holding her, holding them, and she knew she couldn't hold it for much longer.

His lips brushed against her cheek as he whispered I love yous to her under the hum of romantic music and she closed her eyes; perfectly at peace.

The world watched on as she twisted to face him and his hands found their place against the small of her back. Her arms wrapped around his neck and she pulled his lips to hers, kissing him sweetly; kissing her husband.

"I love you so much James." She sighed as she felt his fingertips trace small circles against the open skin of her spine and he chuckled.

"I love you too Elizabeth. Since the second I saw you I have been yours."

With her head against his chest and his arms around her Elizabeth closed her eyes again, patiently waiting for the interruption she so desperately needed as she held her close and rest his chin on her head. She knew she could stay like this forever, his heartbeat steady and calm, his fingers roaming gently, his breath even and gentle. She knew if time froze and this moment was the moment she must repeat for eternity she would never tire of it. She knew she was blissfully happy, and yet she also knew a different kind of happiness, a different love beckoned to her. It beckoned to them both.

As her mind danced around the promises of tomorrow he hummed along with the crooning of Frank Sinatra that lilted from speakers around them, singing softly about writing books of lovers, and Elizabeth smiled at the simply beautiful sound of Bucky's gentle voice.

Natasha cleared her throat, her hands behind her back and a gorgeous grin wide across her face.

"Would the newlyweds please follow me?" She winked at Elizabeth and Elizabeth nodded eagerly.

As they wove through the small crowd of dancing partners and chatting friends Bucky looked around and shook his head. He watched as Sam held Sharon close and she laughed as he joked and swayed. He glanced to the bar that was now openly flowing where Bruce sat in deep conversation with Pepper Potts and Nick Fury. He watched Thor and Loki sip from a flask and laugh freely, adoring the company of brothers. There was not a single unhappy face in the crowd and he chuckled as Elizabeth squeezed his hand and pulled his attention back to the only important person in the room: her.

"Hey." She stopped walking and reached up to his face, her fingers tracing the crinkles around his eyes as she smiled softly up at him. "Are you okay?"

Bucky leant in slowly, savouring her lips against his, and sighed as he kissed her.

"I've never been happier Mrs Barnes."

He felt her smile as her hand rest against the back of his neck, holding him in place as she kissed him again.

"I love how that sounds. Mrs Barnes. It's -"

"It's you Doll, it's always been you."

Natasha placed her hand on Steve's chest as he moved to step around her and get the attention of his two favourite people.

"No Steve," she whispered, "let them have this moment and when they're ready we'll show them. Just look at how happy they are."

Steve wrapped his arms around Nat's waist and pressed a kiss into her cheek as he smiled.