Chapter 49

Liam's POV

Dad picked Hannah up in our room when my clothes were brought in, and they also needed to get ready because guests began to arrive.

I looked at the garment bag and saw that there was a note stuck to it.

That's my present for you so wear it. It'll look good on you.

I promise it's not anything kinky.

-Nat

I smiled at the note written before unzipping the bag, and I gasped in surprise and covered my mouth with a hand as I looked at the clothes laying in the bed front of me.

The tuxedo jacket was a dark shade of red, almost like burgundy or maroon. The dress shirt was black, and the studs and cufflinks were also plated in the same color.

The peak lapel had black silk facings, and the bow tie was the shade of night.

The trousers matched the color of the jacket, it was a dark shade of red, and so was the low cut vest.

It was a slim fit tuxedo and the texture of the fabric was to die for. I saw another note stuck on the back and I smiled again while reading it.

It's your birthday. It's only natural you wear something different.

Red's a good look on you, sweetheart.

I picked out my black leather shoes to compliment my clothes, and grabbed a silver watch with a nice design.

Ryder was already downstairs, greeting the guests and talking with various personnel who holds power in the vampire world.

I decided to get ready since there was less than an hour left, and I inhaled a deep breath to calm my nerves.

After wearing the tuxedo, with my hair done, and my skin looking flawless, I almost didn't recognize the person looking at me from the mirror.

"Damn."

I whipped my head to the voice that came from behind me, and my breath caught when I saw Ryder in his all black suit that clung to his body so perfectly.

He looked so clean, neat, handsome, and a total eye candy. It made his amber eyes stand out more and with his hair combed back, he looked powerful, like a man ready to dominate.

It made me shiver and exhale a breath that I didn't know I was holding.

"Woah." I breathed out when I managed to stop myself from ogling him.

"I could say the same." He slowly came towards me and every step he took was filled with grace and purpose.

I felt myself flush under his gaze as he walked in a small circle around me, while inspecting me from head to toe.

"You look..."

He trailed off and met my eyes. It burned with desire, hunger, awe, and...love.

"You look perfect, Liam." I was captured in his gaze as he stroked my cheek with his thumb.

"Absolutely perfect." He whispered before taking my lips in a hungry kiss. I kissed him back with the same force and moved my head against him to deepen our kiss.

Our tongues tasted each other, and I opened my mouth for him to explore. I moaned at the mixture of his taste and his scent which made me dizzy with pleasure.