Chapter 19 || The More Hot Girls The Merrier

Chapter 19 || The More Hot Girls, The Merrier

"If you keep the ice pack on your cheek and don't involve yourself in anything too physically strenuous, then I think you should be fine," the nurse smiles at me.

I smile back at her thankfully and press the ice pack back onto my cheek. With a nod in approval of my state, the nurse leaves the room and I slump back against the bed.

After Max and Blake's fight, I awoke to find myself in the nurse's office; Blake and Nurse Ramirez hovering above me. My head and cheek were throbbing still, but it was nothing I couldn't handle.

"How are you doing?" Blake asks hesitantly. He was holding an ice pack to his eye and tissues were hanging out of his nostrils.

"I'm okay. My cheek and head hurt a little, but I'll be fine," I smile at him in reassurance. "How are you?"

Blake lets out a breath of relief, "I thought you'd be angry at me," he explains when he notices my questioning expression.

"I was the one who got in the way, though." I point out. As stupid as the fight's origin was, I had no one to blame but myself for what happened. I knew the consequences.

"I know, and for that, you're an idiot," he says, laughing when he sees my pout, "But most people would be angry and never talk to me again."

"Yeah," I reply, "Well I'm immune to all your crap so I won't be ignoring you any time soon."

"Ha-ha," he laughs sarcastically. The two of us smile at each other for a silent moment.

"So what happened after the fight?" I question curiously.

"Principal Callaghan came and suspended Max and I for the next two days, and we also have afternoon detentions for the rest of the term. The punishment would've been harsher but she was too focused on getting you to the nurses office than to think about our punishment, so thank you."

"Always here to help," I grin.

"And then, after that, both Max and I got a bit of nursing from Nurse Ramirez." He points to the ice pack held to his eye to prove his point, "Which was awkward because he kept glaring at me and I kept glaring at him the whole time. Then Max left, and I waited here until you would wake up."

"Thanks."

"No problem. Why don't you swear?" he asks out of the blue, and I raise an eyebrow at his question. "I mean, I don't think I've ever heard you swear, and most teenagers do."

"I swear all the time."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Then swear."

"Okay," I reply confidently, sitting up in my seat. I clear my throat, "Crap," I curse.

Blake stares at me blankly and then blinks, "Are you actually serious?"

I frown, "Yes?"

"Say 'fuck'," he instructs me, and I shake my head.

"No."

"Say it, Bronte."

"It, Bronte," I echo teasingly, and he rolls his eyes at my response.

"Seriously, Bronte Davis."

"Oo you used the full name. This must be getting serious," I reply, though he just gives me a flat look, egging me on to swear. I clear my throat and pause dramatically, before saying, with as much nonchalance as possible, "Fuck."