Chapter 12: I don't know everything about you

These past few days, I have been successfully ignoring the heroine. When she's walking down the hallway, I either ran the other direction, or walked past, my head hung low, trying to go unnoticed. It worked most of the time, when it didn't, the heroine gave me a few weird looks.

Today, though, is a very unlucky day. I once again spotted the heroine in the hallway, so I turned to go the other direction, but my head hit against something and I looked up. 

I immediately recognized the person I had run itno as Curtis Hellwig. His characteristic red hair and annoying face gave it away. He was one of my least favorite capture targets (everyone is my least favorite capture target, well, maybe except Ceil).

"Oh, you must be the little friend Ciel talks about ! Nice to meet you!" He smiled at me. He knew who I was?  It surprised me to see someone recognize me. I was worried for how people will perceive me if I'm so close with a prince so me and Ciel try to keep our conversations to a minimum. For this reason, and to my delight, I am not well known in the school

Anyway, the heroine was making her way here, and the last thing I wanted to see was her interacting with the capture targets, so I just nodded at Curtis and walked past him.

He seemed confused, and grabbed me by the shoulder. "Hey. I was just starting a conversation. Ceil said that you're a bit asocial, but I didn't expect you to just leave me hanging." He chuckled. Ugh. Another reason I hated his character. He was just so social, it gave me second hand embarrassment every time he forced people to be social.

But then I realised, he said 'Ceil said'. Does that mean Ceil is friends with him? I perked up and turned around.

He seemed to realise something, and chuckled inwardly. "Anyway, my name is Curtis Hellwig, I know yours, its Allen Grendbell, isn't it?" He smiled again.

"Why don't you come with me, you don't have any classes now do you? Ceil and I have a sword fighting class."

I had known Ceil was in sword fighting class. My physique is not really up for that, nor does it align with any of my interest. But I had always wanted to see how good Ceil is with a sword, I asked him once, but he refused. I nodded frantically, to say yes.

Curtis raised and eyebrow and started laughing, trying to hold is palm against his mouth, holding it in. Seriously, what's wrong with this dude?

We were about to walk toward the field the class is held in, when Curtis stopped, seeming to bump into someone. Damn. I completely forgot about the heroine. Is Curtis gonna get distracted? What about taking me to the field?

Curtis stopped, and said under his breath, "It's you again..."

"Oh!" Violet seemed to notice she bumped into Curtis and her eyes went bright. "Hi Curtis! Where are you going?" She said with a happy laugh.

"Nowhere. Now, please, let me pass." He said in a cold tone. That was a bit weird. In the game, he was always more bright and cheery when speaking with the heroine, like he was when speaking with me, but I guess he's just not in the mood to talk.

The heroine finally noticed my presence, and looked at me with a look of confusion and irritation. I don't know what I could have done to get her to look at me like that, but I wasn't in the mood for it.

Curtis grabbed me and walked past her, trying to walk a fast pace, to get as far as he can away from her. That seems excessive. I thought.

We stopped when I was almost out of breath, god damn it, I should have made myself physically fitter here.

"Sorry. It's just that that girl has been bothering us for a while now. She keeps hanging around, asking weird questions." He said with a cold tone.

'Us'? Is he referring to Ceil? Which route is she going on?? Or is she trying to do the harem route, I remember it took my sister multiple days to complete that, is she really going for it?

I was about to snap out of it, because I thought that Curtis could see something on my face, but he looked at me like normal. Ah. Yeah, this isn't Ceil, no one can really tell.

"Well, we're here." I didn't realise we walked that far when we had already arrived at the field. It looked like any normal field. It had stadium like seats around it, and so much space, I could barely make out a figure at the end of the stadium. It had many weapons and different tools all around it, many targets and other things.

I scanned around to look for Ceil. When my eyes landed on him, I felt strange. He normally acted very kind and cheery, but when he looked focused, that demeanour disappeared, it looked kind of cool. I felt a little tingling feeling in my stomach.

"CEIL! Look who I found!!" Curtis said in a loud voice. That caught his attention, and he looked at Curtis with a disinterested look. Then his eyes landed on me, I felt my breath hitch a little.

His eyes widened, he looked back at Curtis, then back at me, then back at Curtis with an angry glare. He started walking toward us with a fast pace, facing Curtis.

"Haha, It seems I'm in trouble." Curtis laughed, but it didn't seem very cheerful.

"Bastard." I heard Ceil, who was now in front of Curtis, say. He took him by his collar, and threw him back.

He turned to me, "Sorry, Curtis is a little forceful, you don't have to stay here." Ceil said with a concerned look. It seemed like he was concerned for me being forced to be here.

The very ends of my lips lifted a bit, and I said, "I want to be here." Yes, you saw right! I've been feeling bad since I'm not as expressive as Ceil, because he smiled a lot. I've actually been working on it for a while, trying to make it a surprise. My training is worth it, because it actually looked like I smiled.

Ceil just seemed frozen. There was silence, only just the muffled laughter of Curtis, basically on the ground now, trying to hold in his laugh. Seriously, he needs to get that checked out.

Ceil finally seemed to snap out of it. He placed his hands on my shoulders and looked at me with a smile.

"Al, can you promise not to show anyone else that smile?"

This caught me by surprise, my heartbeat immediately quickened. I was a bit confused, was it that bad? I mean, it's not like I have anyone else to smile to anyway. I just nodded in agreement.

"Thank you." He smiled at me again. He turned around to kick Curtis in the shin, and then lead me to where I could watch them practice.

It seems my second meeting with a capture target didn't turn out that bad.