Chapter 68

Bianca's POV

Too good to be true.

That was what Philippe was.

He had just accepted everything. Gone back to blue skies and happy days. Even after all the shit I had done.

"The past is in the past." He had said with his adoring puppy eyes. What mattered to him was that he was my future. So, I focused on that. Left the past behind and focused on my future. Putting all my effort into making our relationship a successful one, working really hard for it. I owed it to him.

I believe I had never been so stable in my life as I was right now. Work? Great. Someone who loved me? Check. Family and friends? All happy and healthy. Life was moving along just fine. And I was in no position to object to it. I had everything I could've wanted. You couldn't have painted a better picture for somebody. So who was I to complain?

Philippe never truly left since that night of my confession. He stayed in London with me until we both left for Paris right before New Year's after spending Christmas with my family. I was following every guideline of being a good girlfriend for a good boyfriend. And as I had made sure, even working overtime for, I was succeeding. He really seemed happy.

"You ready Bianca?" Clara interrupted my thoughts, making me whip my head around to meet her big and famous bright smile. She was clearly here to get me and I had totally forgotten time.  It was unlike me to be out of focus at work, but recently I found myself wandering off in thoughts more often.

I nodded my head, pushing a smile back as I simultaneously pushed my thoughts aside.

"Yeah, sorry." I rushed out saying through a quick exhale, gathering my stuff from my desk with apologetic eyes. "Let's go." I straightened from my seat, glueing on an equal big smile as hers that I made sure reached the rest of my face. Hoping that it would brush over the fact that she had caught me being all up in my head. Apparently, I was wrong.

"Tough day?" She asked as we started walking side by side towards her studio. I pushed my laptop harder to my chest, shaking my head.

"No no, love the hard work." I reassured her with a quick glance, knowing that both her and Greg really were making sure that I managed to keep up working for the both of them. It was more than a full time job, and I loved every second of it. It gave me a purpose and a bit of excitement in my otherwise very comfortable and regular life at the moment.

"Just mentally preparing for the stress later." I added in a chuckled out sigh. To that she patted my shoulder comfortingly, her knowing all about my plans for later.

As soon as today's show got wrapped I needed to rush through the office, down the lift, grab the tube and change into the dress I had chosen for tonight. Needing to be at Casper's bar in only an hour, and not a minute later for the most important celebration of the year- Max's birthday. 

The instructions I had got were explicit, "I need your ass to be here to boss everyone around so I can start getting drunk before everyone else comes. Deadline is an hour before said time for the guest. It's called a deadline for a reason, Bibs, and I'll show no mercy."

Because - bless Max - the only one she would leave that task for except herself would be her bestie. A.k.a me. So, that would be my job tonight. To have fun too of course.... But that would be secondary. My main job was what would cause me to run through London's streets and tube later on.

We stepped through the door to the studio and I took my position as Clara and I continued chatting. The fact that parts of the playlists for every show nowadays were mine was... Crazy. What was even more crazy was that I was so used to it by now that I didn't blink twice when one of my chosen songs played. Still, I got butterflies from excitement. I guess my life wasn't that regular after all.