The Guide of a Dead Man

The guide of a dead man

Life inside the fence was an easy one, but people like me get restless when they can't do what they want. 3 years ago the way of life humanity had always known was thrown into chaos by a new parasite we found on the ocean floor. Hosts we called them, a simple name for a complex creature. To our knowledge the first one took over a human and started spreading like we used to play in video games. This is not like a video game. In a video game you have a chance, you're meant to win but it's not possible to win against these. Assuming your reading this I have died, while unfortunate this as follows is a general guide to what the government won't tell you. the guide should teach you about the hosts themselves.

A host is a human body with a bug inside that has changed the composition of the body's blood to create limbs of pure black to tear and wreak havoc protruding out of any wound/hole leading into the body. There are many types as I will list

FRANTICS

The most common host. A dead body a hive has re-animated to create a hunter. Highly susceptible to fire and typically has many more limbs than a hunter or hive due to all the wounds or rotting. They are the only hosts who have no easy way to track. Don't get cocky though, they flail their insectoid limbs and when they find something they aim to pin and infect (implantation tube) not caring how much damage they cause. Once they infect, you don't have to worry about them any more, but you do have to worry about the hunter it created.

HUNTERS

A relatively common type of host. A frantic infected a living body and created this monstrosity. Not particularly susceptible to anything, to kill it you can stab, shoot, or burn their infection spot. Shooting is recommended because if you get too close it will kill you and drag you away to become a frantic. They "hunt" you through echolocation. Their only real way for them considering their eyes, ears, mouth and nose have limbs coming out of them. They typically hunt with frantics (roughly 2-3 per 10 frantic) honestly my recommendation, avoid at all costs, especially if there's a hive with them.

HIVES

The rarest and most dangerous type of host, only created why a human willingly drinks the blood of a hunter. They have the capability to control the frantics and hunters with a thought. They are unique in physical appearance to the other due to the fact that... well... they still are human. The only difference is their eyes are black and they have claws on the tips of their hands, when they're trying to kill you atleast. They can speak English aswell as... whatever their language is. Most of the time they will stay back where the hive base is, controlling the hosts and warping their own minds further and further from human. When one turns to a hive they keep their humanity for a time. The more the abilities are used the more they slip away. Once they do they seem more like a shell than anything else. I met one once, my buddy had gotten attacked and survived, he drank the blood and it healed him. He seemed changed, like he was still him but also someone else... enough about that.

That was a pretty basic guide from my experience with hosts, I don't know the technical side or if this is all they can do but I hope this helps you survive. GOOD LUCK SURVIVOR