Can't Fight This Feeling

You sat in silence as Johnny drove the car throughout the streets. Your friends around you chatted obnoxiously, only you and Johnny were left in the quiet.

Susan, Barbara, and Tommy were squeezed into the backseat, laughing about some inside joke. You were wedged in between Johnny in the driver's seat, and Dutch in the passenger's seat. He had his neck turned however, facing the three in the back. As he joined in on their conversation, you felt even more uncomfortable then you already were. The armrest should not have been a seating option.

When Johnny pulled up to Golf N' Stuff, your brow furrowed in confusion. Didn't Susan and Barbara say you all were going to a secret hangout?

But when you saw Ali and Daniel standing along the curbside arm in arm, you feared the worst.

You resisted the urge to roll your eyes.
They were talking casually with someone in a white convertible. As Johnny pulled up beside them, the car hurried away.

"Hey Ali!" Tommy yelled, "Hey Ali how's it going?"

"Hey!" Dutch chimed in.

"Come here!" Barbara encouraged.

As Ali approached the car, you noticed her holding onto Daniel a little tighter.

"We're going up to the hill," Susan smiled, "you wanna come?"

"No..." she said hesitantly, "I don't think so."

Barbara, Tommy, and Susan let out shouts of disappointment. "Come on!" Barbara whined.

Out of the corner of your eye, you watched Susan carefully. She eyed Ali, her teeth gritted as she subtly nodded her head toward Johnny.

But instead, Ali's eyes met yours.

Your face fell, not knowing how to handle the situation. Daniel rolled his eyes, looking the other way. He was clearly uncomfortable. His arm hung limp in Ali's grip.

"You guys... you guys have a good time." She forced a smile.

"Come on," Tommy laughed, "we'll make room."

Ali looked at Susan then with sad eyes. "I'll call you tomorrow, okay?"

Daniel looked to you in that moment, his annoyance ever present on his face. You didn't know how to tell him that you were roped into this. As far as he was concerned, you were hanging out with the enemy.

As if the situation couldn't get worse, Lucille LaRusso drove up next to the convertible in her old car. She had a wide smile on her face, clearly not understanding what she was about to drive into.

Johnny caught sight of her, a grin overcoming his face. He leaned over the door, his confidence surging. "Your little friend can come too if it's okay with his mommy."

As the entire car laughed, Lucille drove closer. Her smile was contagious. "Hi kids!"

Only you, Ali, and Daniel rolled your eyes. Embarrassed to even be seen with these so called "friends" of yours, you turned away in hopes of Lucille not seeing you.

The car erupted with giggles. Tommy was laughing so hard, he couldn't even get a word out without inhaling sharply. "Hey mommy," he cackled, "can Daniel come for a ride?"

Johnny stepped on the gas, but the insults didn't stop there. "I really like your car, Mrs. LaRusso!" Dutch shouted sarcastically.

You dreaded the rest of the ride. Angry tears began to well up in your eyes, but you pushed them away. You tried to remain balanced, focusing on the music blasting from the radio.