28

"He has amnesia. The effect on his head was hard and it made him forgot all of his memories."

Jangmi gripped her dress when she could feel her tears were rolling on her cheeks. She lowered her head, didn't dare to look at the doctor because she still couldn't believe that. She was waiting for him for 4 months alone. She was crying a lot, rarely eating, staying in her house without doing anything while remembering their memories together but when he woke up, everything become useless.

"He will never get his memories back."

"It's better if you didn't force him to remember those past moments because it will hurt him more."

Jangmi bit her lips, "But we make a lot of memories together-" She sobbed in tears.

"But you still can be with him-"

Jangmi stood up angrily,
"But it's not him anymore! it's not Riki anymore. It's not Riki that I used to know."

"Riki that I know is a sweet gentleman to me. Riki that I know is naughty and loves to tease me. Riki that I know is-"

Jangmi looked down,
"It's not him anymore. The old Riki will never come back. The memories we had, he forgot it. he forgot me."

"He knows me as his friend, not as a wheelchair girl like it used to be."

"How am I supposed to be okay?"

"I hate it..."

"Is there any medicine to get his memories back?"

The doctor stood up to calm Jangmi,
"I'm sorry."

Jangmi became more emotional and left the office quickly before going towards the rooftop to let go of her feeling alone. While she was walking through the hallway, she stopped when she saw him was sitting in the wheelchair.

They faced each other without saying anything.

Jangmi looked at him for a long time, and those memories were recalled on her mind again.
She remembers when Riki held her handle when she was still using the wheelchair. The way Riki pushed it carefully so she wouldn't get hurt and the way Riki do the race with it to make her feel happier- she misses it so much.

Jangmi looked down and walked past him, leaving him alone in the hallway but she stopped when Riki called her.

"Can you bring me out? My wheelchair is out of battery."

Riki pushed his wheelchair toward her and met her eyes who look so sad, "I don't know the reason you look so sad, but please cheer up."

"I'm here with you." Riki smiled at her.

Jangmi bit her lips as her eyes met him. She then kneels in front of him, reached her hand to his face. Then, gently caressed his cheek like he always did to her when she was sitting in the wheelchair.

"You hurt me. The new you hurt me because you will never remember our memories again. I want to run away from this because it hurt me."

"But Riki, you stay with me at my worst."

"I want to do the same to you."