Chapter 3 - Honorary Knight [Unedited]

.

.

.

3 days later

You were currently walking away from Katheryne, having collected your Commission Rewards. You wanted to go and eat something, so you ordered some Mondstadt Grilled Fish from Sara at Good Hunter, paying with the Mora in your pocket. (you were too lazy to get out your whole bag)

You took a piece off and ate the peppery fish. It was perfectly seasoned, with a nice crisp. 

A tug at your dress caused you to look down at a small figure dressed in red. 

"Could Klee have a bite of your fish?" The adorable lil troublemaker said, eyeing it. 

You blinked, then nodded. "Sure!" You tore off a chunk and gave it to Klee, watching her gobble it up. 

"Thanks pretty lady!" 

You raised your eyebrows. You had never been called 'pretty' before. 

"Geez! Paimon is tired! Klee puts up quite a chase!" A high pitched voice exclaimed. 

You and Klee turned to see Paimon and- holy SHIT-

"Klee, who's this?" Aether asked, coming to a stop as he noticed you. 

"Klee doesn't know, but Klee likes her!" Klee said happily, jumping up and down. 

Aether looked you up and down, then nodded. "I'm Aether," 

You smiled a bit. "y/n.." 

"Not from around here, I assume?" He said, eyeing her clothing. You shook your head. 

"Just.. ah... stopping by I guess." You said, shrugging. He narrowed his eyes a bit at you. 

BOOM

The ground shook, dark clouds coming over Monstadt. You steadied yourself, Klee grabbing onto you. 

"Stormterror attack," you and aether said at the same time. Aether looked at you in confusion on how you knew. 

"Paimon, take Klee back to Knight HQ?" Aether asked. Paimon nodded, and Klee let go of you as she ran off to follow Paimon. 

"Honestly thought that he'd stop, ever since I shot him out of the sky." Aether muttered, watching Dvalin's form fly through the clouds. Lightning flashed at random. 

Your fingers twitched, your bow appearing. You knew this had to do with your arrival, so you had to stop it. 

You pulled the string back, the arrow already gathering with elemental energy, the white glare growing. Aether gaped at it, knowing that it wasn't one of the elements he's seen. 

"You really think that you'll make it?" Aether questioned, watching you close an eye as you aimed. 

"We'll see," You replied smoothly. 

Cmon, you didn't ace archery for nothing.. you thought as you released the string.

It arced through the sky, the tip of the arrow growing into a shooting star. It flashed in the sky, aiming straight for Dvalin. Everyone in Monstadt and the Lands of Anemo saw it. 

The screech of pain from Dvalin confirmed that you had hit it, and you lowered your bow as you started running towards the Cathedral. 

"Where are you going??" Aether exclaimed, sprinting after you. 

"Higher ground!" You yelled back, reaching the stairs. 

"Wait! I can lift you up with Anemo!" Aether said, causing you to slide to a stop. 

He grabbed your wrist, (AHHHHHHHHHH OMG HE'S TOUCHING ME) pointing his other hand underneath your feet. A circle of wind appeared underneath you, starting to lift you up. This was new. You crouched down to balance easier, Aether lifting his hand higher as you flew into the sky. You stopped at rooftop level, and raised your bow again. 

You grit your teeth, channeling your element into the bow. Your hand tingled, starting to glow a bit, as the glow burst into a blinding 4-point star. You pulled the string back a bit more, then let go. 

The arrow flew through the sky, splitting into six different arrows, all of them glowing like stars. They streaked through the sky, aiming for poor Dvalin, and when they got closer, went together and started spiraling around together. 

It exploded on Dvalin, making him shriek even louder. You winced, and he flapped his wings powerfully as he swerved away. The clouds also parted, the sun splitting through and blanketing Monstadt back with it's light. 

Aether was (jung)shook (any ARMY's???), and floated you back down. Your bow disappeared, and you rolled your shoulders, closing your eyes. 

"So... what was your name again?" 

You looked at Aether who was looking pretty shocked. "y/n," You replied. 

"Where you from?" He asked. You hesitated, wondering how you should say this. 

"Another place," You said simply. Wow, that was terrible. 

Aether was about to ask something else, but another voice interrupted. Specifically, a smooth and seducing one. "I see you've met someone, Honorary Knight." 

You both turned to see the one and only Kaeya, who was staring at you. Not ANOTHER hot dude.

"This is y/n," Aether said. You waved hi. 

Kaeya searched your body for a Vision. When he didn't find one, his suspicion grew, the temperature around us starting to drop slowly. We stood in awkward silence. 

"Captain Kaeya!" One of the Knights broke us from the staring, and you slowly backed up as they listened to the Knight. 

You turned and started running off, jumping down a set of stairs and rolling. You got back up and continued sprinting through the crowd. You could hear Aether and Kaeya chasing after you, yelling your name, but you slipped through and dove into an alley.

You pulled your hood on, the spell only working faintly, since the alley wasn't too dark. You kept running, though, starting to breath heavier.

You turned the corner, then skidded to a stop. Not him again...

.

So, that's going to be the chapters available for now.

My schedule is very busy during weekdays, so I'm really only able to post new chapters on weekends that I have time. 

BEAR WITH ME GUYS

author-nim OUT~