Everyone Makes It Out Alive

"But I am." Katerina's broken words echoed through everyone's thoughts.

There lay a bullet punctured Dreykov, and above stood his killer, Katerina Orlova, rightfully so. She was still holding her gun firmly, pointing at Dreykov's corpse. Her eyes were now filled with tears, rage consumed her mind.

Katerina couldn't control herself anymore. She repositioned her hands on her gun and shot Dreykov's body repeatedly, until almost every inch of his body was shot. Her face was tear stained, her anger-filled screams filled Dreykov's office. She couldn't stop shooting.

"Okay that's enough. He's dead." Natasha said, grabbing Katerina's gun from her hands.

Katerina did not remove her gaze from Dreykov's dead body. She felt relieved that it was all over. She was free. But why did freedom feel so...distant? She knew it was over, but killing Dreykov didn't fill the hole that was inside of her, eating at her every single day. Killing him felt good at first, she could see for herself that he was dead. But when she found out he was dead and she felt no better than when she was under his influence, her rage consumed her.

"Let's get out of here." Natasha said to Katerina, holding her hand gently. Katerina still said nothing, she just followed behind the others.

The red room was collapsing, Dreykov's death was connected to some sort of programming that meant any evidence of the red room went down with him.

They were running out of time.

Yelena and Wanda were somewhere outside dealing with the rest of the Widow's and security, whilst everything was blowing up unexpectedly. Nat ordered everyone else to get to the quinjet, and if they didn't make it in 10 minutes, then they must leave without them. Nat couldn't risk everybody's safety.

Katerina and Natasha ran to find Yelena and Wanda, after all, they knew the red room better than the others. If all went well, they'd find them in no time. It didn't take them long to get outside and onto the roof, the problem now was trying to stay on it. Explosions and chaos were happening all around them, and slowly but harshly the red room was pummelling to the ground over 2000 feet below them.

Nat struggled to stay on her feet, especially being attacked by the remaining Widow's who were programmed to avenge Dreykov. Katerina was very advanced, and practically carried Nat on her back whilst fighting everyone else off.

"There!" Nat yelled, pointing to a struggling Yelena and Wanda. Katerina looked straight ahead and began sprinting towards them. They were in a separate helicraft, but it was a jump she could make.

"Do you trust me?" Katerina looked to Natasha, panting.

"I'm afraid of where this is going." Nat grumbled.

"I'll take that as a yes." Katerina said, and threw her sister from one helicraft to the other. She saw Wanda and Yelena help her up, and once the three were safe, she attempted to jump herself.

All did not go to plan. An explosion went off to the side of her, prohibiting her jump, causing her to not reach the helicraft. She fell quickly, trying to grab onto anything that could prevent her from imminent death. There was a rope ladder hanging from the helicraft, and she grabbed it quickly, clutching on for her life. She quickly tried to pull herself up, climbing up the ladder to the others.

Yelena was crouched at the top of the helicraft, leaning over the side with her hand stretched out. She grabbed her big sisters hand the second she was close enough, and helped pull her up to safety.

"Great plan." Yelena joked. Katerina laid down, almost laughing but composed herself, as she knew the fun wasn't over yet.

"The Widow's are all free, but Dreykov's men are coming from all directions. What do we do?" Wanda asked worryingly.

Katerina and Nat exchanged worried looks. Somebody was going to have to make the sacrifice. The question was; who?

"I'm gonna clock that engine." Katerina said, looking to the engine at the end of the helicraft.

"That's a terrible plan." Natasha said, slightly worried.

"Out of all of us I'm most likely to survive." Katerina looked at her sister, insisting she be the one to go.

"You can't guarantee that." Nat said worried.

"I know." Katerina said with a sad smile, almost as if it was a last smile.

"We'll think of something else!" Nat begged. She couldn't lose her again.

"Nat we are on a floating machine that right now is headed for the ground which will kill all of us immediately. If I clock that engine, it will only kill one of us, and that's me. The three of you can get to the quinjet and get to safety. One sacrifice is better than four." Katerina yelled. She wasn't angry, but she knew that there was not enough time to be calculated. Recklessness was the last option.

Before Katerina could run off to bomb the engine, Wanda's screams filled the skies. The sisters looked over at a kamikaze Yelena stood at the engine Katerina was supposed to explode. She was holding her sword above her head, ready to jar it into the engine.

"Yelena don't!"

"Yelena!"

"Yelena don't do it!"

"This was fun!" She called back to her loved ones.

Everybody was screaming at Yelena to put her sword down; so she did. Yelena jarred her sword into the engine so hard it exploded immediately, sending her pummelling into the air. She was falling fast, and soon she would hit the ground.

Katerina threw Wanda into the quinjet, and demanded they left. It took most of the team to hold Wanda down and stop her from escaping. Even inside the quinjet they could still hear her screams.

Yelena's actions meant all threats were eliminated, all they needed to do now was save her. Natasha didn't even blink. She grabbed the only parachute left and hurtled after her little sister. She soared through the air, desperate to get to Yelena. Katerina was close behind, no parachute, but she had a plan.

Nat smacked into Yelena, wasting no time to put the parachute around her. She tugged on the strings which ensured Yelena's safety.

That's when Nat realised she was hurtling to the ground. Katerina grabbed her waist, and threw her back to an unconscious Yelena who she held onto so that they could both carefully dismount to the ground.

When Yelena came around, the two sisters watched their big sister pummelling to the ground. In the face of death, she seemed at peace. Katerina had accepted her fate. All her sins over the past 20 years were finally getting back at her. Karma is real. Her time had come, she knew she was ready to go. Her mission was complete. Dreykov was dead, and now she was finally free.

As her spinning body hit the water, all you could hear were Yelena's screams and Natasha's cries.

Katerina Orlova was dead.