10 | Caren

"Wait

               "Wait. Hold on. No, no!"

               I hopped up from the floor to chase after Jade, nearly stumbling from the liquor in my system. After the call from Aissa and hearing about Margo's car accident, Jade collecting her car keys to rush out. She reached the door and I hopped in front of her. "You've been drinking Jae."

               "So I'll call an Uber."

               Joie walked up. "You cannot go up there Jade."

               "You seriously can't." I watched Jade pace impatiently, "If you go, Cairo will be there. You can't be hundred feet of him. Do you not remember the restraining order you put on him?"

               Jade looked at me, eyes watering with tears. "Margo's hurt!"

               "We know. But you cannot go there, Jade." Andi said.

               "How about this, I'll go." I suggested, "I'll take an Uber to hospital and I'll keep you updated. I promise."

               Jade considered it for a second and agreed to the idea. I got an Uber since I had alcohol in bloodstreams and chose to wear Andi's cardigan over my pajamas and throw on my Ugg boots. I got in the Uber once it arrived and the driver drove me to the hospital.

               When I got to the floor I heard loud bickering and followed it since the voices I recognized. I made it to the waiting room, and Aissa's having a heated discussion with another woman that looked like someone I recognized. Cairo was in between the women, obtaining a secure hold around Aissa to keep her from hitting the woman.

               "You shouldn't have had him in the car with you any fucking way!" Aissa shouted.

               "Excuse you! He's my son!"

               "Dia?" The woman turned around, bandage on her forehead and arm in a sling, and blood stained her hoodie.

               I haven't seen Claudia "Dia" Norman, who is Cairo's younger sister in years since her addiction kept her away from everyone, as well as her being a mother to Margo which was the reason Cairo legally adopted Margo and raised him as his own.

               Despite what the car accident caused, Dia looked gorgeous. Her suede, deep coffee skin complexion was clear and vibrant, and instead of the thin stature she used to be, Dia was the body shape I remembered her for—thick and shapely. That told me she was clean. At least I hoped.