Chapter 16

*Reader pov*

I look at the cabin to see the monster attacking the group through a boken roof. I use my fire to boost myself up to it. I fly up in the sky towards it as I put out my other hand and start burning it on the way to fly there.

I get above the roof as I look behind me as one hand I'm using to stay afloat and one to burn the monster. It screeches in pain constantly.

El: One!

I see her on the floor holding a wound on her leg from the monster.

Everyone: One!

My nose starts bleeding as the monster is aborting. Before I can kill it, it quickly slithers away. I start to feel dizzy.

I fall through the broken roof into the cabin. I land straight on my back.

Bįļļý: You'll regret that.

Those words were the only thing I heard before I get surrounded by the crew.

I quickly stand up even though I'm in pain.

Lucas: You have been gone...for so long!

He says catching his breath.

You: It's been seconds for me.

Will: Why?! Where were you?...

He coughs as he heavily breathes.

You: The MindFlayer is inside me. Talking to me. Making me see things. It was seconds...for me...

I repeat as I begin to wobble around a bit but El hugs me tight.

El: I'm glad you are alive...

Max: He...scared it off.

She says impressed

Jonathan: You're the key to defeating that thing.

*Timeskip*

Nancy breaks the shop door glass with a brick as we enter in. The broken glass crunches when I heavily step on it.

I hold the injured El as I drag her in and take her to the medical lane, everyone follows.

I slowly set her down as they start fixing her up. They all dispersed for things as I sit right next to her.

You: El.

She looks at me in pain.

You: I'm sorry.

El: Don't be. We kick ass.

You: But I wasn't there for you when you needed me.

El: It's okay.

She holds my cheek. We are all alone.

El: Show me that thing you did to Max!

She says happily.

You: What?

El: You made fire in your hand and did a trick.

I remember what she means.

You: Oh. Sure.

I slowly and slightly start to smile as I put out my hand.

A large flame erupts from my palm. Slowly, it turns into a figure of a little girl. The girl was El.

El: Your power is beautiful...Is that...me?

I take my other hand and put it right next to the other, lined up. I make a boy in my right hand out of flames.

You: Look, we're staring at eachother.

The others are rushing to El with the medical accessories. They kneel down and start cleaning her wound.

She winces in pain as she looks at what they are doing.

You: El. Look here at the show, not what these losers are doing.

She looks back at me. The flames still alight

You: Look what we are doing.

I make my flames to look that we are dancing together.

El: Like...The Snow Ball dance.

I make them stop dancing as I make the girl whisper to the boys ear. One of her legs are up as her hand is covering what she's saying in secret.

You: What do you think she's telling him?

The others watch in awe as El giggles and mimicks a funny voice.

El: "Oh, that girl Max is a total loser!"

Max: Hey!

We laugh together. I make the boy whisper back to the girls ear.

You: What is he saying to her?

El: "I dunno, all our freinds are total losers."

Everyone: Hey!

I make the flames dissappear.

El: What? No. Every story has a ending, that's what Mike told me.

I smirk at her as I clap my hands together hard and loud which startles her a bit. I wave both of my hands away from eachother as "They Lived Happily Ever After" come out of my hands and float in the sky in a flame.

El: Woah!

Will: Its over. Good job distracting her from the pain, One.

You: Your welcome.

Max: Except that story sucked. It was short and stupid.

El: I loved it. Please do more next time.

You: Next time.

I smile as I stand her up.

*Timeskip*

We enter the huge mall.

You: Max, remember when I drifted my dirt bike in this-

Max: You idiot.

We carry on walking slowly after hearing many people talking to eachother.

Will: Are there not meant to be anyone?

He whispers.

This is bad.

We all look over the railing to the black suited men with guns pointed at a small shop. Over the counter we see Dustin, Steve, a random young girl and a random girl who's around Steves age.

El uses her powers to trigger a display car, it beeps and flashes its lights like a epileptic kids birthday party.

They all turn their attention to the obnoxious car as El uses her powers to make it fly at them. Wiping them.

We all go on the railing to see them come out from behind the desk.

Dustin: Guys!