01| An innocent life

Dante Angelo Romano POV:
——————————————————

"Boss we have eyes on the target."

Nodding my head, I step out of the all black SUV and make my way into the diner that this shithead is at.

I walk through the doors, Matteo at my side, and scan the empty diner. My eyes land on the only occupied table, and I see the worthless excuse of a man that caused me to fly into an entire different country to visit.

I make my way to him, my face void of emotion as usual, and take a seat right across from him. He looks up from his newspaper and I watch as horror fills his eyes as they land on me.

Not so tough now are we?

He begins getting up, trying to make his way out of the booth, when Matteo sits beside him, trapping him in.

"Dante-" he begins but is cut off when the waitress comes to the table.

"Welcome to Mama's Diner can I get you gentlemen anything to drink?"

I shake my head, not sparring her a glance, and wave her off. Keeping my gaze solely on Marcel, I watch as his face that was full of terror 2 seconds before, shifts into a pleased smirk.

"How's Cecilia Dante? When I saw her last she seemed very pleased." he says trying to get a reaction out of me.

I let out a humorless chuckles and lean back. "Ah Marcel, I would say you have some balls to sit here and say such nonsense to me but Cecilia told me otherwise."

A scowl takes place on his face and I watch as he shifts his hand under the table. Most likely reaching for his gun.

"Pulling out the gun so soon Marcel? Come on, didn't your mother teach you to never resort to violence?" I watch as his face grows red with anger only causing my smirk to grow bigger.

"You asshole!" he exclaims and yanks the gun out.

I yawn as he points the nozzle of the gun at my head. "You bore me." I say getting up from my seat.

Matteo gets up and stands by my side, an amused smirk plastered on my face.

As Marcel gets up I look down at the table and grab a spoon.

This should be fun.

Bringing my gaze back up to Marcel, I roll my eyes when I see he still has his gun pointed at me. I'm about to speak when I see the same waitress from earlier standing a few feet behind Marcel with a look of horror on her face. I look to my side at Matteo and gesture to the waitress with my head. He nods his head and begins making his way over to her, when Marcel then moves his gun away from me and points it at Matteo.

"MATTEO!" I yell pulling out my gun.

I point my gun at Marcel just as he's about to pull the trigger, and I hear 2 guns go off. I watch as a bullet enters Marcel causing him to fall to the ground as my bullet flies through the air and meets a target.

Just not the intended one.

I watch as my bullet enters the chest of the waitress from earlier and her blue eyes fill with agony while her body falls to the ground.

Matteo runs to my side, while I run to the waitress. Lifting her head and placing it on my lap, I press both hands on her wound and it's only then does my hearing come back.

I hear her gasping for air and that's when I realize she's not going to make it.

"Dante we have to go." I hear Matteo say as he tries to pull me away.

"M-my daughter." is the last thing the waitress says before the life drains from her blue eyes and her hand falls from mine.

I look at her now bloody name tag before I allow Matteo to pull me away.

Eva Hernandez.

An innocent life.

—————————————————————————————————
Welp, she dead as hell now💀.

Any thoughts on chapter 1?

Love you all!!