4- Turmoil

I am at the bottom of a mountain, sitting on my behind with my legs out in front of me. I look up the mountain, confused by a rumbling I hear. At the top of the mountain, I see a massive figure rushing towards me. It quickly gets closer, approximately 1 mile away. Am I being attacked?

In my next blink, my legs are stuck under a boulder.

The pain on my legs is so sudden, I nearly cry. A voice sounds in the mountains. "Five seconds to choose." Four items spontaneously appear around me, arm-length away: A gun, a small block of meat, a wide metallic shield, and a sword.

"5, 4..." The figure gets closer. Is it going to kill me? "3, 2..." I reach and choose the gun and block of meat at the same time, which hurts crazy bad. The voice never said to choose one item. If the gun doesn't work, I'll present the creature with the meat, a peace offering.

The other items disappear as quickly as they appeared. Everything is so fast and I am so nervous, indecisive. I try to prepare myself to shoot the beast. It's almost 5 meters away now. I glance as fast as I can to the block of meat near my aching size. I might not even need it if my shots are aimed well.

I hear the beast growl, but I don't have time to examine it features. I'm in infuriating pain and can't think straight.

The pain in my legs demands attention. I wince, sweating in exhaustion. I grab my gun and shoot the approaching beast four times, twice in the head, once in the chest, and once in the shoulder. I shut my eyes, not knowing if I killed the beast or if it's struggling to still get to me.

I force my eyes open, gazing at the beast on the ground; lifeless. Dead. I feel like I saved myself. But I realize the dead creature was not what I thought it was. My stomach drops.

A randomly dead human is at my feet. It's blood hydrating the soil. Dead, and it's all my fault.

I wake up frantically, panting like the beast was as it sprinted to me. The human that sprinted to me. My eyes sting.

The clock above the doorway reads 4 o'clock in the morning. This is my first night here and I dream about my aptitude testing? Is this a sign? Did I choose wrong?

Am I really a Dauntless?
-----~-----~-----~-----~-----~-----~-----
Sorry for how short this chapter was. I really wanted to get Dalia's aptitude test into the story. Hope it was interesting to read. :) Thanks for reading my story, and if you liked it please leave a vote. If you think it needs some fixing-up, comment and I'll try my best.
I sincerely appreciate you for clicking on Daunting Fires.
-Author