two - "I finally meet her."

Yeonbyul stared at the rain outside from the window. Her feelings were like the grey clouds in the sky.

"Your Majesty, the King has come to see you, " Ms Han announced, opening the entrance door. Yeonbyul turned around and saw Heeseung walking awkwardly towards her, "I believe you have read my request."

"I did."

She looked at the file that was on the floor near the bathroom. Heeseung sighed and went towards it to pick it up.

"Who is this woman?"

He smiled, "She's the daughter of the minister of war. We've been seeing each other for a week now."

"And you want to appoint her as the royal concubine that quick?"

"Are you jealous, Your Majesty?" He teased. Yeonbyul frowned and turned around, "Now is not the time to joke around, Heeseung."

"Relax, Yeonbyul. You know that this marriage is nothing anyway. It was just an agreement for us to take over the role of King and Queen consort after my parents stepped down. You won't mind I have a mistress, right?"

He put the file on the table and opened it, handing her a pen. She exhaled heavily and took it before signing the approval.

"Thank you, Yeonbyul. I know I could count on you. That's why we're best friends until now, " Heeseung said excitedly before leaving the chamber.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

"How could he say that?!" Hanseo slammed her cup aggressively on the table. Yeonbyul jumped in shock, tea spilling all over her. Ms Han glared at Hanseo, "You shouldn't shout in front of the Queen!"

Hanseo stood up before bowing, apologising for her mistake. Yeonbyul smiled and motioned her to sit down.

"Forgive me for saying this, Your Majesty but if the King appoints a noblewoman as his concubine, doesn't that mean she could replace you as the Queen?" Ms Han asked slowly.

Yeonbyul put down her cup and smiled at the court lady, "Don't worry, Ms Han. He wouldn't do that, right? I believe Heeseung is still sane and he wouldn't do that to the person who has been staying by his side for years."

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

Yeonbyul took a stroll around the palace. Her court ladies, Ms Han and Hanseo following from behind. She stopped walking when she saw Heeseung standing in front of her. He walked towards her, "I've been searching for you."

Just like she watched romance movies and read romance books, she was hoping for him to worriedly pull her into a hug. But instead, he was frowning at her.

"We're greeting the girl and her father at the throne room. Tomorrow, she will officially be appointed as the royal concubine."

Yeonbyul sighed sadly and obeyed the King, following him to the throne room. Hanseo looked at her sadly and asked Ms Han to do something. The older lady smacked her back and whispered, "I can't do anything! It's not like I can convince the King to love her back!"

Yeonbyul sat in the throne room. Sitting next to her crush was torturing her, especially when the reason was to greet his lover. The entrance door opened and the minister of war walked in with a lady following behind him.

She'll admit, the future concubine was prettier. She had clear white skin and her hair looked soft. She was well-mannered and her feminine side could get the men around her to swoon and drool over her, including her husband.

Heeseung got up to shake hands with the minister. Yeonbyul frowned, she had never seen him so excited. The future concubine walked towards her and bowed, "Your Majesty, thank you for approving me as the royal concubine."

Yeonbyul lowered her gaze and clenched her fists. She faked a smile and asked, "What's your name?"

"Kim Haesun, Your Majesty."

Heeseung smiled shyly and walked towards her, "Would you like to join me on a stroll in the garden?"

Haesun nodded and they both linked arms before leaving the throne room. Yeonbyul glared at the minister before rolling her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty. Did I upset you?" the war minister, Mr Kim asked in fear.

She got up, "It seems like you really want her to be a royal concubine."

"Yes, she and His Majesty have been in love for a week now. I don't want them to feel like their relationship is forbidden."

She scoffed, "You have the nerve to say that to me. You are okay with your daughter getting in between me and the King?"

Mr Kim looked at her in fear and bowed at her, "Forgive me, Your Majesty! I didn't mean to."

"Pathetic, " she spat before leaving him alone in the throne room.