Chapter 83: Third task

Y/n Pov:

The third and final task. My heart rate sky rocketing and the feeling of something dark and bad only increased. Cedric and his father ran out to the field first, living in the glory.

Harry and I walked second, with Professor Dumbledore by our side. He gave us a worrying glance before walking away. I spotted Draco in the crowd, next to Crabbe and Goyle. He waved to me, and I could see my name on his hand.

  Professor Dumbledore put his wand to his face and yelled "Silence!". The crowd quieted down immediately.

"Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard cup deep within the maze. Only he knows the exact position. Now as Mr Diggory" People started to cheer loud. "Mr Potter and Miss Black" Few more rose clapping.

Mostly our friends, Mione, Ron, Pansy and a few others, even a few of my friends from Durmstrangs.  "tied for first position, they will be first to enter the maze, followed by Mr Krum" The Durmstrangs students rose for him, cheering loud with their booming voices.

"and Miss Delacour. First person to touch the cup, will be the winner." Professor Dumbledore continued,as people cheered on. "I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, should at any point a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands"

Professor Moody came out of the maze, walking away. "Contestants, gather round, Quickly" Professor Dumbledore yelled. We walked towards him. "In the maze, you'll find no dragons or creatures of the deep, instead you'll face something even more challenging."

"You see, people change in the maze. Oh find the cup if you can but be wary, you could just loose yourselves along the way" Professor Dumbledore warned, soft enough for no one else to hear.

Harry and I shot each other a glance. I could see the fear in his eyes, the nervousness.

"Champions, prepare yourselves!" Professor Dumbledore yelled.

Harry Cedric and I walked to the front of the maze. Harry and I stood on each side of professor Moody. I could see Cedric and his dad hugging. Cedric and I made eye contact, nodding to our agreement earlier, to work together.

"On the count of three, one--" The cannon went off. Harry and I walked in, from different entrances. The noise of the crowd faded, as I walked in deeper. Holding my wand up, I took a several turns here and there.

I heard a noise near me and turned to it, ready to fire with my wand. I lowered it as soon as I saw that it was Harry. "Are you okay?" he asked. "Yea, no scares yet" I replied.

We heard noises from the distance. We followed it to see Cedric, panting heavily. "Y/n, Harry" he said smiling.

"The maze was closing in" he added. "Are you alright Ced?" I asked He nodded.

"I'll do a spell for location, give me a second" I said lifting my wand. "This way" I said after doing the spell.

"Victor!" I exclaimed as we saw him walking towards us. "And hello to you to Fleur" I added smiling.

Fleur replied with a smile, whereas Victor didn't react. "Stupefy" he cast onto Fleur. He turned to Cedric but before he could cast another spell, I pointed my wand at him and cast the same spell silently, causing him to become stunned as well. "He's not himself, someone's controlling him" I explained as I got down beside Fleur.

"You mean like the imperius curse?" Harry asked. I nodded. I picked up Fleur's wand and sent out red sparks with it. "We have to go, they'll come after her" Harry said.

Cedric and I walked after him, away from Fleur and Victor. The walls started to close in on us and we ran. We saw the Triwizard cup in front of us. "You both get it, you saved me" Cedric said. "Together" Harry and I yelled in unison.