I Wish That Was Me IV

Flashback

I wiped the sweat on my forehead as I finished loading up my stuff in the car. It's late in the evening and I have to leave early in the morning to catch up with my flight. I went up to my room and turned on the lights. The sight that greets me made me let out a bittersweet smile.

I really am leaving this place.

The room had no posters attached to the wall. There were no clothes in my closet. All pictures I had pasted on the mirror were taken out. So the room was literally neat and empty. My eyes trailed to the study table and saw a piece of paper with a pen on the side. I snatched the paper and placed it inside a white envelope.

I looked around my room one last time before turning off the lights and make my way downstairs. My steps halted as I see a familiar figure sitting on the couch; her eyes focused on the book and when she she felt someone starting at her, she looked behind her shoulder and smiled at me.

"Chipmunk."

"Bunny."

She rolled her eyes playfully at me, but she still let out a laugh. She then stood in front of me and embraced me to a hug warm hug, patting my shoulder afterwards as we release from each other's hold.

"Are you ready?"

"I'm not but this is what I need to. I can't face her with the words still ringing to my head. I'm sorry."

"Hey, don't apologize. You're both hurting right now and I understand if you don't want to confront her yet. You'll talk when the both of you have the strength and courage to face each other. Right now, you both need to focus on yourselves so that by the time you meet again, no more sadness can be seen in your faces. Okay?"

"Okay."

"I'll wait inside the car. I see that you still have a letter to give."

I stared at the letter until my footsteps led to her house, to her room. I took a deep breath and opened the door with caution. The sight that greeted curved my lips into a genuine smile as the angel whom I unconditionally love is sleeping with the sweater that I intentionally left in her closet. But as I stepped closer to the bed, I immediately frowned as dried tears were evident on her soft cheeks.

I sighed and sat at the edge of the bed, carefully not drawing any sound to stir her from her sleep. I gazed at her features, memorizing all the details of her face before moving closer to her and placing my tender kiss on her forehead. I put the envelope on the side table and my eyes trailed to my wrist.

Bracelet

I took it off and played with it for a while, rubbing my fingers at the end string of it. I make my way towards the door and hang the bracelet on the doorknob before leaving my best friend's house in silence.

'I love you, Jennie Kim.'

"You can still back out if you want to. You don't have to go with me to Australia."

"I don't but your family especially your older sister requested me to accompany you. Besides, work called me earlier than I thought it would be so I decided why not go with you?"

"Fair point but that means you won't be coming back here for another two years since I know being a CEO of a fashion company isn't easy."