046.

THE INTERROGATION

burning pile by mother mother

it goes, all my troubles on a burning pile. all lit up and i start to smile

⸺ROBIN, Erica, Steve, Dustin, Tiffany and Cory were all looking through the window to see a large machine keeping the gate opened. Cory and Tiffany were internally freaking out a little, but they didn't want to freak out Dustin or Erica too much.

They started walking back down the stairs and Robin was a little confused. "I don't understand. You've seen this before?"

"Not exactly." Steve and Dustin decided to answer in the vaguest way possible. "Then what, exactly?"

"All you need to know is it's bad."

"It's really bad."

"Like, end of the human race as we know it kind of bad." Again, very vague, but threatening.

"And you know this how?" Before any of them could answer, Erica spoke up, noticing something horrible. "Um, Steve? Where's your Russian friend?"

They all looked at where the Russian guard was knocked out, but he was gone. As if on cue, an alarm started going off. Steve ran over to the door they came in from and he opened it. He looked right at the Russians and they spotted him since he was like ten feet away from them. The Russians started running at him and yelling in Russian.

"Shit!" Steve slammed the door shut. "Go, go, go, go!"

They all broke into a sprint in the opposite direction with Dustin in front. The teenagers stayed behind Erica and Dustin to make sure that they were still with them. They unintentionally ran right into the control room. All of the Russian scientists were looking at them in confusion, so they took this time to run out of the control room. They ran down stairs that lead to the machine and the Russian guards were chasing after them.

Screaming like a little girl, Dustin pushed past a man in a hazmat suit and they made it to the front of the machine. They got an up close view of the gate and they were all horrified.

"HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!" Dustin gasped for air. "HOLY SHIT!"

"SHUT UP!" Cory yelled at him and he pulled Dustin's arm in the other direction. They started running back down the stairs. Steve was in front now with Tiffany right behind him. Steve kicked the guard in front of them out of the way. Guards started attempting to surround them, and without even controlling it, a red light shot out of Tiffany's hand and she threw the guards back. Tiffany looked even more horrified, but of herself.

"Come on!" Steve snapped Tiffany out of her horrified trance and they kept running. They ran through a heavy door, but Steve was the last one through and he barely made it. He slammed the door shut, but there were a bunch of Russian guards trying to push the door opened. Tiffany stayed back and they both pressed their sides up against the door trying to keep it closed, but they were still struggling.

"CORY! ROBIN!" Cory and Robin ran over to the door and they pushed their sides up against the door as well. Dustin and Erica pulled up a floor panel that led into the ventilation ducts. "Come on!"

"Just get out of here!" Steve and Dustin started arguing back and forth. "Go, come on, now!"

"No! Just go get some help, okay!" Dustin got in, but he took a dramatic second to look back at them. Tiffany was done with him. "JUST GO, YOU CURLY HEADED IDIOT!!"