~ 23 ~

Author's pov:

Author's pov:

Maya was lying on her stomach on her bed, swaying her legs in the air. Her laptop, diary, and some papers and pens were scattered before her. She was busy scribbling something on paper while looking at her laptop when Vani entered the room and stood near the door. She looked at her daughter-in-law, who was busy writing something. It's been a long time since she's seen Maya come out of the bubble she'd created over the years.

Vani knocked on the door. Maya stopped her work and looked at the door. She saw her MIL standing near the door.

"Arey, Attayya, why are you standing there? Come inside," Maya said, clearing the mess on the bed.

"What are you doing?" Vani asked, sitting on the bed.

"Nothing, Attayya, just some notes. So, tell me how the meeting went," Maya asked her.

"Good. We got the deal. Sorry, Maya, we three couldn't come because of the meeting. We couldn't even postpone it as it was very important and scheduled before your wedding. Did you feel comfortable there?" Said Vani.

"Offo Attayya. You talk too much. Don't worry, I can understand the situation. Otherwise, you guys would have come right. And about the comfort, I was with Anu akka all the time. So, just chill," said Maya.

"Did you enjoy it there?" Vani asked her.

"Yup! I had a great time. Harsh Bhai is so caring and cool, even for their family. Actually, Harsh Bhai took me to meet his family. You know, Attayya, his niece is so cute and little," Maya said with a smile.

Vani smiled, listening to Maya. She looked at her and again got lost in her smiling face. She still remembers the innocent smile she gave her when she took her in her arms for the first time.

"Attayya?" Maya called her.

"Yeah!" Vani said, looking at Maya.

"Where are you lost?" Maya asked her.

"Nothing." She caressed Maya's face and said, "Always keep smiling like this, Ammu. Your smile brightens our day," she said, kissing her on the forehead. 

The smile on Maya's face grew wide, looking at the love showered by Vani. She doesn't remember the last time she shared a loving conversation with her parents. Her parents were strict, and they would be busy with their work every day. Even if they talk, it's usually regarding her studies and health. That's it. She smiled, looking at Vani.

She took Vani's hands in hers and asked, "Attayya, I want to ask you something. Can I?"

"Sure, tell me what's bothering you," Vani asked.

"Are you angry at me?" Maya asked.

Vani looked at her, confused.

"I mean, that day."