5.

A wool blanket rested loosely over her shoulders as Ivy waited for Sam. Sue lent her a few books about Quileutes to further help her with the research, which she was grateful for.

"Oh, they're back." Paul said, looking out the window, unbothered.

Ivy rose to her feet, "They are?" She still didn't quite know what was going on, she decided not to pry. The books Sue had let her borrow had plenty of information, too.

Jared and Sam stood at the Clearwater's front door, unscathed and indifferent. Ivy didn't know what to say, so she just stayed quiet. "I'm back." He said quietly.

Ivy showed no emotion, but he could tell by the tapping of her feet and the biting of her lips that she had been worried sick. She didn't even know what was going on, and still managed to grow concerned.

"Sorry, small bear problem at the Rez." He lied. It wasn't a good lie.

Jared had smelled the filthy bloodsucker around the woods, so he knew it was smart to catch her quick. But the redheaded vampire was too swift and quick-footed that she had escaped just right under their noses.

"I guess I better head home. You look tired." She said, noticing his look. "We can continue this another time, when you can."

He smiled before his eyes fixed on the Clearwater's. "Hi Seth, Sue." He greeted.

"Good to see you, Sam." Sue replied, a motherly smile on her face.

"Leah." He acknowledged, nodding.

Leah grunted, barely acknowledging her ex-boyfriend. She refused to look at him, brushing past his shoulder and out of the house. Sam lead Ivy towards his truck, hand hovering near her lower back as his other arm shielded her from the pouring rain with his flannel. It smelled like him, it was a sweet scent.

The rain reached all the way into the secluded house that was the Lee Residence. Although she appreciated the gesture, the flannel didn't help to shield Ivy from the rain at all, she was soaking wet and so was Sam, he was drenched from head to toe.

"Do you wanna come in to dry off?"

A wave of warmth engulfed Ivy as she entered her house. The warmth was thanks to Grandpa Lee always turning the thermostat to the highest heat possible at night. He stared into her eyes yet again as she bumped into him, unaware of her surroundings as she rushed to dry off before entering the living room. Her eyes were more hazel than brown. That settled it, his favourite color had changed yet again to hazel, if you could even call it a color. She shook the rain off herself and took Sam's coat.

"Just wait in the living room while I heat up some tea for us."

Sam obeyed her orders like a dog and sat down on the edge of the couch, afraid to make it wet from his drenched clothes. His boots made a slushing sound whenever he walked. The rain roared and crashed against the house's windows. He watched as Ivy disappeared into the kitchen. He took up a considerable amount of space on the couch, even though it was a big one.

She came back not too long later, a blanket over her shoulders, completely dry with new clothes. She liked to wear dark, neutral colors a lot, as evidenced by her dark grey sweater. Ivy held a decorated wooden tray that carried an assortment of expensive-looking cookies and a fine china tea set.

"Wow, that was fast."

She chuckled shyly and set the tray down. "If you're hungry there's leftover casserole in the fridge. I could heat it up for you."

Sam shook his head, "Don't worry about it."

Ivy hummed and drew the curtains, watching the rain pour relentlessly. "I don't think it's safe to drive out there, I can barely see the gate." Sam said, squinting to see anything past the rain. It was a total lie. It always rained like that in Forks, this was no problem. He felt bad about it, but he really couldn't will himself away from her.