Chapter 13

It's currently 7 am. Approximately 2 hours before the students are supposed to arrive at the academy's main hall.

Charlotte wakes up bright and early and gets ready, she wears white horse-riding leggings and a button up brown shirt. It suits her.

She goes to see if Huston is awake to spar with him. Although he wasn't anywhere to be found in the dorm. Charlotte takes a look down from the window and sees Huston training on the training grounds.

She grabs her sword she brought along with her on this academy trip and runs down the stairs to the training grounds. She yells,

"Huston! Spar with me!"

"Huh, okay."

The two spar for an hour and were fired up.

"Hah 10-0!" Charlotte mocked.

"How's that even possible, how long have you been learning the sword?"

"Around 3 months."

"Impossible, tell me how long have you actually been learning for."

"Ah, you got me. Around 10 million years."

"Stop spouting bullshit."

"If you don't believe me so be it. It's almost time for the first exam. Let's head to the academy main hall early." Charlotte says as she puts back her blade in her belt and walks away.

"Right behind you."

-
-
-

At the academy main hall.

Announcer: "Welcome examinees, this is the first day of the examinations. I hope you all know how to swing your swords cause today's battle won't be easy."

The announcer walks towards a mannequin and grabs a stick. He hits the mannequin and a "1" pops up on its forehead.

"As you can see, you need to hit the mannequin at least 5000 times without missing a beat. If you do, you're count will go down to 0."

"Please go to training grounds and stand in your position, any sabotaging will result in straight disqualification and a letter to your parents. I wish you all luck. Advisors will also be observing you in case you do anything."

-
Charlotte stands her position, while others laugh at her.

"Haha you weak looking girl, you should just quit."

"..."

Announcer: "Everyone will have 30 minutes to get at least 5000 hits. Begin."

Charlotte lifts her stick up and beats the mannequin one and "1" popped up on it's forehead. 2 seconds later it goes back down to 0.

Ah, so that's how long it takes to get back down to zero.

The others just laugh at her pathetically, thinking she's weak.

While the others try their hardest, Charlotte thinks nothing of it and sits down. Belittling them.

"What's she doing. Isn't she supposed to hit the mannequin? She's asking to be failed at this point."

There was only 5 minutes left on the clock, Charlotte finally decided to stand up. She lifts her stick and hits the mannequin rapidly in an inhumane speed.

The others just stared in disbelief.

Advisor: "The time is up, drop your sticks."

The advisor stops the time when the clock rings and controlled mana to make the numbers stay on the mannequin.

The advisors go check the scores. One of the advisors goes up to Charlotte's mannequin and checks the number.

"U-unbelievable. 20 thousand hits? Didn't you sit down for 25 minutes?"

"20 thousand hits? Impossible. What did you do to the mannequin? You used mana didn't you?"

"Check the mannequin, do you sense any of my mana? No you don't." Charlotte says calmly.

The rest of the students gasp in disbelief and start to whisper.

"So, I pass right?"

"...yeah.."

"Great, can I go now? You have others to check don't you?"

"Indeed. Enjoy the rest of your day."

Charlotte, goes to the gate and leans against the walls. Around 10 minutes later Asher and Emilia walk out.

"So, how'd it go?"

"I passed with exactly 5000 hits." said Asher.

"I... failed." Emilia whined as tears rolled down her face."

"This is why you should've trained as a child."

"I don't get it, how did you get 20 thousand hits while all you did as a child was get locked in your room all day."

"I have my secrets." Charlotte scoffs.

Asher walks away while Emilia follows behind him getting his comfort.

Huston walks out and Charlotte places her hand on his shoulder without him noticing,

"So?"

"7000 hits."

"That calls for a celebration, let's get back to the dorm."

"I want to eat first let's head to the cafeteria, it's only 9:51am right now."

"Ah alright."

They both walk to the cafeteria, students around them started to talk about her.

"Isn't that Charlotte Alpheus? The one who got 20 thousand hits on the mannequin in under 5 minutes?"

"Haven't you heard? She won this year's swordsman competition."

"I saw her kill a monster right in front if my eyes, she even saved a little girl."

"Who even is she? Is she that great? I honestly think it's just all a hoax."

-

"Is eating in peace also not a allowed in this treacherous place." Charlotte sighs and frowns.

"Cheer up, some are complimenting you. You know?"

"Yeah but I just wanted to eat without them saying anything about me."

"Yeah yeah let's just get some food and get outta here."

"You don't have to tell me twice."

"What do you want to get? The meals on me since you got more hits."

"You're finally being a gentleman aren't you?"

"Hurry up before I change my mind."

"Just get me curry chicken."

"Alright, I got you."

Charlotte waits for Huston when the crown prince walks up to her.

He picks up Charlotte's hand and gives her a peck on the hand,

"Hello Charlotte."

"Greetings your majesty."

"You can drop the formalities you know? We're friends, are we not?"

"How could I dare call your majesty by his real name?" Charlotte said sarcastically.

"If you'll excuse me your majesty. I need to go eat with a friend." Charlotte curtseys and she walks off to Huston with a tray in his hand.

"Go find his information and come back to me." The prince says to the knight beside him.

-
-
-
Charlotte and Huston goes outside and enjoy their meals on the wooden bench. They both enjoyed the rest of the day while others went to study history.