Chapter 30

*HEY GUYS, IT'S BEEN A WHILE! THIS CHAPTER MIGHT BE PRETTY DAMN LONG (when are my chapters not? lel) AND IT'S A FLASHBACK CHAPPY. HEH. THIS IS CONTINUING OFF FROM Chapter 22, SO IF YOU WANT SOME SLIGHT RECAP THEN YOU'RE FREE TO JOG YOUR MEMORY, SINCE IT'S BEEN SO LONG.

QUESTIONS!!:
-Referring to Wattpad, are you more of a reader or a writer, or are you both? (I'm more of a writer and it's hard for me to settle and read a book on here because I'm so jittery and compulsive when it comes to writing.)
-What instrument do you play or would like to play? (I play the violin. I would like to learn guitar, cello, piano and the ukulele, though!)

ENJOY THE EXTENDED CHAPTER (I think it's pretty long, but I'm so used to writing long chapters so IDEFK)!*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 30

"Emily, darling, go help Frederick with the crops," Ruth demanded of me, "That man likes to carry more than he can so he doesn't go strolling out for the rest."

"Of course, Lady Ruth," I answered politely and dashed outside of the cottage. I hopped across the grass and towards the field where Frederick grew his crops. I leaped over a rabbit hole that was hidden with the growing grass around it. My feet have gotten stuck in that burrow once or twice. Frederick has had to tug me out of it every time. I quickly dodged a low hanging branch that has caught me on the forehead many times. Ruth has had to put bandages and place kisses on it it. My steps were careful as I avoided falling over where the ground dipped abruptly like a miniature cliff. I've gotten scrapes from that pesky dip. And last but not least, I made sure to avoid a flower that was nearly into bloom. I've trampled over its brethren over the months and it's been hard for more to grow. I've grown well acquainted with the area around the cozy cottage. My mind can wander all it wants and my feet will still take me to the right destination and have me make the right moves.

The field was visible up ahead and I ran out of the tree-line. I ran through aisles of wheat and lettuce and carrots to reach Frederick, who tended to the potatoes. He was plucking them out of the ground, one by one, with steady strong hands. He had baskets next to him and one was nearly filled with the potatoes. "Hello Lord Frederick," I said cheerfully. He flashed me a smile and removed his farmer's hat. He bowed his head and greeted, "Tis a pleasure to see you, Queen Emily! And to what do I owe your visit on this fine summer day?"

I giggled and said, "Lady Ruth sent me to help you bring in the crops."

"Ah, that is quite helpful," he remarked with a big smile. "I was just about to harvest the radishes. Would you mind getting your lovely hands dirty, my Queen?"

"Not at all, my Lord," I chimed and placed myself by the radishes, which was planted next to the potatoes. I began to dig softly at the dirt until I uncovered enough of the vegetable to pull them out without damaging myself or the food. Frederick taught me this. He also taught me how to care for crops. He has taught me a great number of things that come in handy every day. So has Ruth. I knew how to cook even before I met them but she has shown me new and more efficient techniques and she is currently teaching me how to sew. I've helped the couple bring in food, clothing, gifts and money for them. Frederick will be riding off to a town to sell most of the harvested crops in return for tools or other necessities. Ruth likes to make dresses and will also sell them to the fine ladies and young girls in the towns far from our cottage. She also makes other pieces of clothing, like suits for the men and fine vests for the boychiks. If I can master this sewing talent, then I'll be able to help Ruth and speed up business. They are a hardworking couple so it's fair that I take some of the responsibility off of their old shoulders.