24.

The two of them got out of the car after another 30 minutes in the car

The two of them got out of the car after another 30 minutes in the car. Both of them calmed their emotions since the conversation earlier.

Donghee looked at the store in front of her. It was a basic clothing store. From the looks of it, the clothes weren't the most expensive but also wasn't the cheapest. Donghee walked inside the store with Mark following behind her.

There was a soft lavender aroma that filled the store. The store was warm compared to the winter weather outside. There were racks leaned up against the beige painted walls.

A vast variety of clothes hung on them. In the large walk space were multiple tables that had small sections in them; rings, earring, necklaces, bracelets, anklets. There were seats and mini couches every here and there in the store.

"Hi! How may I help you?" Donghee turned her head at the voice, immediately looking at the name tag - Hyerin.

"Hey uhm, we were wondering if Lim Sooyoung was here?"
"May I ask who you are?"
"I'm Donghee. I'm familiar with Nam Jihyeon and-"
"Please wait here." Hyerin didn't let Donghee finish before she walked off. Based on assumptions, Donghee assumed that Hyerin was Sooyoung's daughter.

Minutes passed and an older lady came walking beside Hyerin. She had red-brown dyed hair, almost looking natural, with very few white roots. Despite her known age, she looked much younger than she was.

"I'm Sooyoung, you claim to know my cousin."
"Oh uh yes, I'm a placement worker and I help take care of her at the hospital. I'm Donghee and this is my uh..brother Mark, he drove me here." Mark bowed at the elder and so did Donghee.

"And how may I come to help you today?" Sooyoung shooed Hyerin away from them, gesturing for her to continue her work.
"Well uh Miss Nam told me to come to you because you'd be able to answer the questions I had?"
"Well then, let's go talk somewhere more private?"

Sooyoung led the both of them through a door labelled 'Staff Only'. Walking through that room, she led them through to a different door. Inside were two beige plush couches facing each other with a glass coffee table sitting in the middle of it.

"So, how may I help you dear?" Sooyoung seated herself on the couch across from Donghee and Mark. "Well, Miss Nam said that my uhm father holds great power that I shouldn't underestimate but she couldn't tell me what it was." Sooyoung looks down at her hands that were held together in her lap with a sigh.

"Although I don't know how, your father has many connections from all over Neocity. I don't know how he managed it but, he's strong in a way you can't believe. He has power you wouldn't think an average man has. He has eyes everywhere and they're not always his."
"By any chance," Mark started, "do you know anything about his relation with Blood Thorns? I'm aware that their leader also loved Donghee's mother but, is there anything else that goes beyond that?"
"Honestly there isn't much beyond that point, at least not that I know of."