49

Sleeping with your hands handcuffed to a bed sucks. 

I'm still covered in Fundy's blood, dried and crusted into the lines on my palm, in between my fingernails, the front of my shirt and across my cheek. My shoulders hurt, hands numb above my head, and there's an annoying cramp in the side of my neck. 

I blink against the white room, lit up in sunlight, rolling out the stiffness in my neck and shoulders as best as I can.

"And she's up." Schlatt's voice seems to drive into my thudding skull, like someone taking a sledge hammer to my head. 

"Ugh." Is all I say, throwing my head back on the pillow. The last thing I want to endure first thing in the morning is Schlatt and he's sad attempts at scaring me. 

"We're still deciding what to do with you, but we're leaning towards indefinite imprisonment." He throws out, seemingly disinterested. 

It's funny. If you'd put me in this position a week ago, I'd have probably lost my mind once and for all. I can still think of how paralysed with absolute terror I would be, the shuddering, all consuming blind panic that shuts everything down. Now, I just want to laugh in his face. 

"Told you that you wouldn't kill me." I say, turning to look at him. 

"After a couple years you'll probably wish we had."

"Talked to Dream about this plan?"

"He's not apart of L'manburg, and we don't inform boyfriends of the decision beforehand."

I roll my eyes at another one of his half assed attempts at upsetting me. "You know he's going to lose his fucking mind."

Schlatt sneers at that. "He's actually in support of it, not indefinitely of course but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Something about finally getting you where he wants you." 

Leave it up to Dream to go all creepy stalker psycho on me. "God you two are a fucking pair, aren't you?"

"Welcome to the ranks Rosemary, officially a murderer just like the rest of us." He deadpans. 

"Aw did you like Fundy, Schlatt? Did I hit a sore spot? Did I hurt you feelings?" I taunt, looking up at his stiff figure. 

He ignores me. "You'll have a rotating guard, so don't think you'll be able to weasel your way into any of their pants like your last experience. We're expecting to reach a decision on your fate by this afternoon. Until then, you'll have no visitors but we'll take off your handcuffs." 

"How diplomatic of you Schlatt." I say, as walks out of the cell, replaced by Punz, who walks in with a set of keys. 

Finally. 

The serious look on his face never wavers as he unlocks the cuffs, and I bring down my stiff arms, massaging my wrists, my hands stained a deep, dark brown. Punz's eyes flicker down briefly to the blood, but backs away without a word, standing at the door with a hand on the sword at his hip. 

I get up shakily, wobbling on numbed legs to a small, stark white tiled bathroom with a shining metal sink. I turn on the water, scrubbing at all the little lines and creases that are coated in congealed blood. 

Fundy's blood. 

It's really itchy. 

I grab a rough towel, washing off my arms, chest and face, and then tighten my hair back up into a ponytail. There's no mirror, so instead I get to stare at a blank wall, follow the lines of brand new grout in between clean tiles. Schlatt built this recently, because L'manburg never has had a prison, not when Wilbur was in charge.