Thinking || Chapter Twenty Six

'And all of the things I have seen will be gone with my eyes with my body with me'•Me and My Husband ~ Mitski•

•Me and My Husband ~ Mitski•

After sharing a night with the person that would usually occupy your mind from morning rise to the depth of night fall, you'd ought to think you would feel a sense of complete satisfaction. Knowing that you had finally reached your starting point from where a relationship could blossom and that the only way from now was going upwards. It would be common knowledge that that's what people would like think. What you would think, anyways.

But feelings are a complicated thing, acting in the moment rather than looking at the bigger picture being painted with each section, not looking for a possible outlook but instead focusing just on the now. That's what you did. And although you loved the feeling of his goosebump ridden skin against your own, or the feeling of his staggered breath heating the virgin skin left underneath your ear, something still felt odd.

Maybe it was the way it just happened all at once, instead of mind over matter, both choosing matter of mind. Or maybe it was the way you talked so little, or, on that point, hadn't talked at all. But blaming that on Eli wasn't the answer, you knew better than to do that. He apologised, he tried to talk, he told you he loved you for gods sake, and still you couldn't come to the fact that you were the problem. You where the one to make the thought of answer that, even after being so close to one another, you felt as distant as ever.

So that's where it left you. Over thinking every mutter of a word to even a single breath Eli took that night while the same dark haired boy you ran to with every problem served your way sat and listened. That very next morning, Miguel sat opposing you at a local diner just a few minutes walk from your house, sipping on the cool iced drink every few minutes as you talked your way through each conflicting emotion as if you where dissecting your own heart delicately. It had been over three hours since Eli had last left your house and it had been one since you had met up and started to talk with Miguel. And still there was no reasonable conclusion to your thinking in an obvious sight.

"If i'm being one hundred percent honest with you Alex, I still can't get over the fact that you had sex with Eli." Miguel started, creating a distraction - an ease - from your twisted never ending trail of thoughts too big for your mouth to close. Although after saying, the ease was as short lived as the sun in the centre of a midnight sky.

You took a long sigh to make it known to the brown haired boy that you weren't so keen on inviting yet another conversation to do with the things that happened just a night ago. Taking a moment to gather what was to nearly come out as the start of a very complicated argument if there ever was one. "Miguel. Come on, not this again. I know - I know it was wrong, completely wrong but it's been and done now and i cant re do the past. What i don't know is what the hell i'm going to do next! I need help Miguel. Your help." You pleaded.

"I just don't get how on earth you can go from being literally the closest you've ever been to him, to feeling like you've just ruined your whole god damn life. It's like you don't even have feelings for him and if that was the case, nothing would have even happened!" Miguel stated, keeping a low but strategic voice that hid underneath the clattering of collected plates and the chatter from the other few customers gathered at the round tables here and there. Confused wasn't the word to describe how he saw you try to work out the things that you put away from the only person you should be talking to. That being Eli. If it was him, he would have liked to have thought this whole thing would have been over months upon months ago.

"No but that's the thing Miguel, I do have feelings for him - too many it's annoying. And i don't get how i can because even after all of this, every single little thing, he still said all of those horrible things to me when I came back. He still told me to live without him. He still left me, even after knowing i was on thin ice after my mom. And i still love him Miguel. But he never even gave me a reason as to why he did everything." You stole a shaky breath, finalising your conclusion at once. It was that easy to supposedly forgive and forget, he hadn't given you an answer. And that's the problem. If he did, maybe you wouldn't have to think twice about talking with him again, maybe you would be happy that what whatever your relationship was, was back on track.

Miguel was in disbelief, not because of the jumble of breath held words that came tumbling without halt from your mouth but because he hadn't realised Eli didn't tell you what exactly happened- or to be exact Miguel himself hadn't thought to tell you either. "Wait your telling me he's not told you why he did it? Why he pushed you away, I mean?" Miguel croaked the question, tilting his head at his own process of gathering the information being told.

"What and he's told you?" You asked as if there was still a line of hope to save a withering relationship, like the last life float attached to a thin but strong rope from the rear of a boat. Watching how Miguel's faced contorted after hearing what you had said just seconds before. Why did he seem like he knew something you didn't? And if that was the case, why was he keeping it from you?

Miguel gulped, taking his time to wait if there was more from you to say. Hoping that just this once you would hear him out. "I mean yeah, I thought he would have told you though! I thought he did tell you from how he was acting!" Miguel rose his voice a little, enough to make some heads turn and the further gathered conversations of others die down.

"What? So you aren't going to tell me what he said?" Clearly annoyed, you looked from his depth of a gaze to his phone - brightening screen as the device started to hum against the cool stone of the table. He stopped his train of thought, watching just to pick it up and give you a quick nod as if to say he'll only be a few minutes, and left quickly for the door. Leaving you to sit in silence, pondering whatever Eli had meant by doing exactly what he did with his actions.

The phone call was brief. While you where sat counting each bubble that left a mark in your glass to pass time, Miguel was outside having another problem being explained to him as if he hadn't got enough on his plate of a mind already. Sam on the other end of the line, her stressed seemed voice coming out as a high pitched crack as she suggests multiple ways to bring two dojo's together, with Miguel thinking other ways about it just as much.

As much as he tried to not think about it, Cobra kai was something that couldn't necessarily be missed. It was growing. And after what he had been put through, the bullying, the lying, the inhumane torture especially for teenagers in such general, he didn't want to see another person go through such a thing. But his word against a brutal team was too small to be heard, especially over the growing chants that were held so deeply to a point in his mind it caused him nightmares, so he thought that the idea that sam had would have been a better due than any other.

Miyagi Do and Eagle Fang where the only ones who could stop whatever evil the face of Cobra kai was going to put their teams through.

So with that he put the phone down, hurrying back in to his table, passing the small families and old couples that enjoyed their food at their tables until he reached his own. Taking a pitying sigh, he placed a hand out for you to grab, instead there for you to look at and question. He felt bad he was going to have to put the conversation on hold, but Sam needed him just as much as you did and with his other team mates involved he would have to pick the bigger numbered option. "Alex, I know this may be the last thing you want to hear right now but we need to go." Miguel says, frantically picking up his belongings as he watches you finish the last of your milkshake.

You throw your head back slightly, rolling your eyes as you got up with him, not even trying to argue back with the dark haired boy as his nature was only stronger than that. "Okay whatever, but you still owe me that conversation. I won't be forgetting any time soon." You smile, slapping Miguel softly on the back of his head in a playful manner as you started your way towards the car in front of him.

If only you knew what that evening had in store, trapped hours on end in the Larussos household - you would have pleaded to stay inside that morning diner.

A/N : Okay okay okay okay. So i am not dead. but this chapter definitely is. But it's a filler chapter to set the scene so i promise things will get better!! and i knowwww it's been soooo long so sorry i haven't been the best with getting chapters out to you guys but you mean the world to me and i promise the story ending will make it up to you 😏. Oh about that! this story will soon be coming to an end *cue crying* but i hope you have enjoyed the story and i just want to say a huge thank you from the bottom of my heart. There's still like 2-3 chapters left though and there's a lot to go down soooo. ❤️