chapter 17

"I've got to go." Elijah said as we laid on my bed. I wrapped my arms around his neck bringing him forward to connect are lips. I don't know why I couldn't stop kissing him. He was my drug. My personal addiction. My lips, my brown deep eyes, my mate. And the thought of him not with me. To be separated for who knows how long. Made my heart ache as if it would break with out him here for me to hold. Being away from him for a 1000 years only made it worse.

"What if I don't want you to leave? So instead of going back to your brother right thus minute we could....." I pretended to think about it. "... do more of this." I kissed.his lips passionately. "And this..." I rolled on top of him straddling him while leaning forward chest to chest kissing him again.

"As tempting as that is.".Elijah started holding himself back. "I must get back to my brother. Who knows what Niklaus might do in my absence." He finished rolling us over so he was on top.

"Hmm ok fine on one condition."

"And what is that my love?"

"Kiss me but don't make it feel like good by." I said with seriousness. He looked at me confused.

"What do you mean my love?"

"When you kiss me... Don't kiss me like the night I compelled you... Don't kiss me like I won't see you until another thousand years will pass before we see each other again... like something bad will happen and this is the last kiss I will ever have with you... but still as if you love me forever." I said as my voice was starting to waver. I have lost almost everyone I have ever loved and I can't lose him. I will be broken and I would turn it off. I know I would. "Kiss me because your going to come back." I finished looking right in the eye. And that is what he did. His head leaned down quickly are lips connected and I could feel a spark shoot up my spin. It felt as if it had been hours but know it had been only seconds. When are lips parted I opened my eyes he was gone. I let out a sigh and rolled over on my side. My eyes drifted shut as darkness consumed me.

One week later. I woke up to a blinding light hit me as I heard the curtains be drawn.

"Get your lazy a** up this is not healthy." I heard a voice as I recognized as Caroline. "It has been a week since you have left this room the only time I have seen you get up was when you went to the bathroom. Today is elena's birthday party and you are going to be happy and laughing even if it is fake you are going to get up." Rant rant rant rant rant. Blah blah blah blah blah. "Stop ignoring me and move." I felt the blanket being pulled off of me. It didn't matter I was a vampire you really think a little cold is going to make me get up ha. Nice try caroline. "I swear to God Samantha if you do not get up I will dump water on you. Do you want me to get the bucket? Remember last time?"

»»»»»»flashback

I woke up to no one next to me. That's right he's not hear. Just then I heard heals walk into the room.

"Samantha? Why are you still in bed?" Caroline asked. I just rolled over putting my head in my pillow.

"Elijah left yesterday to go do something with his brother and he's not coming back for a while so now I am doing something I call grieving. So go away." I said my word muffled by the pillow.

"No. You are going to be the 2000 year old you are and get up. We have a problem. Damon got bit so stefan left with klaus so he would heal Damon. So in other words come help us track klaus down so we can get stefan back you know one of your best friends."

I thought this over for a second then went back to what I was doing. I think I read something about this. Mates. When they are not together their natural instinct is to find each other. They go into this state of depression. I remember feeling this along time when I left 1000 years ago I just blamed it on just being me and my life but now that I know what I actually going on I decided to just face it and lay here.

A sudden wave of cold washed over me as head became wet soaking my pillow and mattress. I looked up to see caroline holding a bucket with her hands on her hips.

»»»»»»»»»end of flashback.

"Yes and if you do it again I will put you six feet under with a tube leading up so you have air, in the middle of the woods behind my house so no one will hear your screams as you slowly desiccate from the lack of blood." I said sweetly. I was not in the mood. Right now I was close to ripping someone's head off and Caroline was in the line of fire.

"Ok ok no water got it but it would really mean a lot to elena if you could be there. And it would mean a lot to me. So please it would also do you good. You haven't even walked out side once. Elijah wouldn't-" I cut her off.

"Caroline... right now I am in denial and working my way to anger. Elijah being brought up in this is not going to help." I opened my eyes looking out the window. "I'll get up but I'm not going to a party. I'll just walk around town or something. Is that better?" I asked putting on my of a calm tone of voice. Caroline was only trying to help. If putting on a smile and acting like everything is fine then I guess that is what I will have to do.