Sunset

I got into the elevator and pressed the button for the topmost floor.

Yuki sunbae had invited me up to the terrace for a drink. According to him, it offered a brilliant view of the city, especially at sunset. So, I decided to enjoy this is-it-or-isn't-it-a-date situation with him to the best of my ability. Plus, I really needed to take my mind off Jungkook. I had tried to believe that all the things I felt in his presence (or absence) were just part of me becoming a fan of the band.

And sure, I admired them.

But with him, it was different. Since that day when he'd caught me sleeping behind the background, he'd taken to talking to me often whenever we shot together. It wasn't anything consequential - he'd review the shots sometimes, or ask about my health in the most non-suggestive-of-anything-more manner ever, and he'd taken to personally asking for me instead of sending a proxy whenever needed. It was all normal to him probably. But I was going a little crazy in my head. After all, I did spend an insane amount of time trying to catch him looking cute on camera as a part of my job.

But agh why did I have develop a crush on him of all the -

The elevator door opened and there he was, my living nightmare.

"Oh, hakseng! Didn't expect to see you today." He walked in and pressed the button for a lower floor.

"It's going up." I squeaked. But the elevator doors had already closed by then.

"Ah, it's okay. Are you okay though? You look stressed."

He looked at me with interest. I avoided staring back. He was probably out after a dance practice, or the gym, since he was sweaty all over. The jacket he wore over his vest was unzipped.

Of course I was stressed. All he needed to do was breathe in my presence these days, and I'd be stressed.

"I'm okay. Just bored. Where are you coming from?" I tried to change the topic.

"The gym. Oh, I must stink. Sorry!" He stepped away. I couldn't be sure if I felt relieved or disappointed at that.

He must have noticed the fresh bottle of water in my hand, for he asked, "can I have that bottle please?"
I gave it to him. His fingers brushed mine, for a moment. I didn't turn away as he drank it up. Water dripped from the corners of his mouth, down his neck - I tore my eyes away and told myself to have some basic decency. The elevator arrived at the topmost floor.

"You're really cool, hakseng. Thank you for this." he raised the now empty bottle to me. And then stepped out of the elevator, zipping up his jacket as he did so.

"You're welcome. But weren't you going downstairs?"

"I just remembered I have to make a call." We were now walking down the corridor that led to the stairs that eventually led to the terrace. He looked happy about something.

"The cell reception is terrible up here," I replied.

"Is it?" He asked with a worried expression. How does he not know, I wondered.

"Anyway," he added, "I owe you a bottle of water."

"Then I owe you a cooling pad and a balm."

He chuckled. "You sure do." He stopped at the vending machine. Every floor had one. "Do you want anything?"

Why did he have to be so nice when he was already so attractive and there was already nothing that I could do about it?
"Just a water bottle, thanks." He laughed at that, and I couldn't help but chuckle. Ah, shoot. This person would be very hard to get over. "Are you sure you don't want anything else?"