Chapter 21

Today was my mother's cookout and I'm bringing Giovanni

Today was my mother's cookout and I'm bringing Giovanni. I'm a little nervous but I know I shouldn't be because my mom will love him.

Giovanni is downstairs waiting for me while I finish getting ready. I'm wearing a white puff dress that goes out at the waist and ends mid thigh. My hair is in a high bun with two strands lefts out at the front. I had minimal makeup on and I had on my white sandals. I grabbed my keys, purse and phone and headed downstairs.

"I'm ready babe," I announced as I descended the stairs.

"You look absolutely beautiful babygirl. Come here." Gio says and I step into his arms.

"You don't look to bad yourself, but aren't you hot?" I asked.

He was wearing a black turtleneck and black pants. He looks incredibly sexy.

"Nah, I'm okay." He said before leaning down to kiss me.

"Come on let's go. I sent you the address." I say to him and we make our way to the car. "You have the wine?"

"Yea, I brought it out earlier." He said as we got in the car.

"Okay, Kaia and Macy are already on their way." I told him.

It was a 45 minute trip which was filled with teasing and laughter. I was often having dirty thoughts about him once the silence took over. He just looked so hot driving with one hand and his other hand sitting perfectly on my thigh.

He would often look over and smile at me or kiss the back of my hand. It is literally impossible not to fall for this man.

"We're here." He said and took me right out of my daydream.

I sat the seat taking in the familiar surroundings. Giovanni came around to open my door for me. I thanked him and grabbed my sunglasses and stepped out.

There was music playing in the backyard and kids playing on the front lawn.

"Sunglasses or no sunglasses?" I asked Gio as he grabbed the wine.

"Baby you look great both ways but keep them on since the sun is extra bright and hot today. Not as hot as you though." He winked.

"My boyfriend is such a cornball." I shook my head and he smiled at me.

"I love dancehall music." He says bopping his head and I laugh.

"There's Kaia and Macy." I said as their car pulls up behind ours.

"Hey guys." They greeted as they stepped out the vehicle.

"Hey, and how come we made it before you guys even though y'all left way before us?" I asked.

"We had to make a quick detour." Kaia says and Macy's face went red.

Okay then.

As we were making our way to the front door my mom flung the door open and came running towards us.