| 57 |

CATHERINE
was standing outside the steel door of her final examination room. She will only know what question and skill she will be tested once she's inside. She prayed that the examiner would be kind enough.

  Greg was standing in the room next to her and he gave her a sad smile. He decided not to join the fight, but will help and coordinate the Healer's tent, much to Gabby's relief. Catherine mouthed to him, last one and he replied with a good luck.

  With the loud blaring sound of the bell everyone knocked on the door and entered the room. As soon as she saw the examiner, she couldn't help but smile.

  "Good morning, Professor."

  Professor Smethwyck let out a bark of laughter, "Well well this is a nice way to end the day. Good to see you, Catherine."

  She walked towards the table and knew instantly what the next task was. There was a very realistic looking mannequin that had a trace of a scar.

  "Patient is a 35 year old male who was caught in a battle with a slicing charm." Professor Smethwyck gave her the instructions and finally started the clock. Catherine flinched because the memory of Draco bleeding and pale flashed before her. She had 15 minutes to save this life. "Do me proud, Catherine. You may begin."

  And that was her goal. He was the one who taught her how to perform this sealing charm and he was going to be the one to determine if she passed at the end. She focused all the power on this final test. She directed all her passion into it, wanting nothing more than to succeed, to become a Healer. To make her parents proud.

  Once she finished closing the wound and gave final touches along with the additional medication. Professor Smethwyck looked like he was about to cry.

  "You're going to be an amazing Healer." Professor Smethwyck leaned back on his chair. "I will be honoured to work with you in the future."

  The final bell rang, this time with a more sparing tune.

  "The honour is mine, Sir."

———

  "Congratulations Healer Catherine." Blaise placed a cup of black coffee right in front of her. Their final meeting had turned into a feast. Mountains of food and pastries piled the silver plates. It was their last supper.

  "The results take a few months, Blaise, I don't even know if I passed." Catherine swirled the coffee in her hands, looking around to see if there was milk or cream.

  "Well, since I have personally watched you do your magic, they would be a fool to fail you."

  Catherine offered a soft smile. As they talked about things other than what was going to happen tomorrow, Blaise's eyes tend to wander towards a particular someone. Her short black hair was neatly brushed and she wore a silver bandana. His eyes turned hard when Pansy made a move to place her hand on someone else's shoulder, laughing along at his jokes.

  "You should really tell her." Catherine caught him off guard.

  "Tell who about what exactly?"

  Catherine ignored his question, "Before you run out of time and she gets snatched up by someone else."

  His fist clenched hard on the table. He never took his eyes off her, "She deserves better."

  "Oh that's bloody shit. You should know better than to judge people on what they do and don't deserve. What matters is what she wants."

  "She does not want me."

  Catherine rolled her eyes, "Are you blind or just plain stupid? Then again you were going to feed a chocolate dragonball to a dog."