Chapter 37 : Poor soul

Night.

How would you want to spend your night? With some lovely scented candles that would help you go to sleep? Or cuddles with your love ones?

Some people may have issues in sleeping and some people don't. And there are also some people that sleep depending on their surroundings, if they feel unsafe, they would go all nighters but if they feel safe, then they would doze off to dreamland.

But that is not the case for Taehyun, Beomgyu and Yeonjun. It was night as the moon is shinning brightly among the bilions of stars and the three males are still at the same place, Beomgyu had gone asleep, Taehyun staring into nothing as Yeonjun is stiring the pebbles with his hand. Taehyun had to argue with Beomgyu to drink his blood since the latter was tired, but Beomgyu reassured the younger saying he is fine and only a couple of hours sleep would regain his energy back.

Mosquitoes were everywhere and it's literally pissing Yeonjun off and only the sound of crickets singing in the night accompanying them. He raises his head only to meet a creepy staring into nothing Taehyun, with his mouth agape and Beomgyu sleeping peacefully on the younger's lap like a kitten.

(a/n: happy international cat day!)

Yeonjun smiles.

"I used to think humans were harmful and are bad to us vampires"

Yeonjun said, breaking the dead silence. Taehyun's focus is now on the redhead vampire.

"Me too"

He replied, stroking Beomgyu's black strands lovingly. He unconsciously smiles, eyes softly staring at the peaceful sleeping vampire on his lap. Very vurnerable and adorable. (uwu rhyme)

"I'm sorry, again. I really didn't want to kill your friend"

Yeonjun apologised for the nth time. Taehyun sighs.

"Your kinds are cruel. Using dirty methods to get rid of whatever that are in their way"

Taehyun answered. Yeonjun stops his movements, and chuckles dryly. Well, the silvernette isn't wrong. Vampires are cruel. Only a few of them are not.

"You know, I've been wanting to ask this question since earlier"

Taehyun hums in return.

"Why do you have some hickeys on your neck and collarbone?"

The younger's doe-eyes shoot wide in an instant as he quickly cover his neck with his hand, cheeks burning in embarrassment. At this point he just wanted to bury himself 1 000 feet into the soil. Fucking embarassing.

"Iㅡ uh"

"Did Beomgyu gave them?"

Taehyun chokes on his saliva. He coughs nonstop as he clasp his palm onto his mouth, preventing loud coughing noises so he wouldn't wake Beomgyu up. Yeonjun giggles.

"Chill. I'm not snitching on ya"

Yeonjun added. Once again, Taehyun chuckles awkwardly, while rubbing the back of his neck, eyes looking everywhere except Yeonjun's.

"You know, a love bond between a human and a vampire isn't allow at all, right?"

Taehyun nods. He knew it, yet, he doesn't want to let Beomgyu go. He genuinely loves the older. Just the way he is. Vampire? Non vampire? That doesn't matter. Love is love. You just need to admit it.

"I know, but sometimes, in this life we have to be selfish"

He replied. Yeonjun, silent.

"I have nobody but him. Sure, I have my mom, and my foster dad. But their love compares nothing to what Beomgyu hyung had gave to me"

Taehyun added. The red head vampire is just listening. Taehyun really loves Beomgyu much more than he does. And he appreciates that.

"I love, my brother, Tae"

"I can see that"

Yeonjun snorts. He walks approaching the sleeping ravenette on Taehyun's lap, lovingly caressing is cheek while smiling.

"Will you do me a favor?"

Taehyun nods mindlessly.

"Take a good care of him for me, please"

The scarlet hair male said, before whispering some kind of words into Taehyun's ears and running away. The silvernette fell asleep a few seconds after.

While Yeonjun, he runs and runs and runs as far away as possible. He doesn't know why he did that, but right now, the only thing that occupying his mind is ;

He needed to do it.

He needed to do this.

So, he ran. Where? To the police station. He couldn't bear the guilt in his chest forever, he's not the kind of person that kills someone then runs away after, no. He was taught to be honest since he was little. And that's what he's doing now. Being honest. Tell the cops the truth, then they will send him to the vampire hunters and boom! He'll die shortly after.

Tears streaming from his eyes as he's reminiscing his memories of Beomgyu and him playing together during childhood. He rubs his eyes with the back of his hand and his vision on the road is getting blurry because he was crying.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry"

He repeated. Again. Again. And again.

He feels like being trapped in a maze. Big walls surrounding him, as endless path after another, another then another. You will never know the ending. And he hates it. He doesn't want to be trapped into his own guilt eating his mind forever.

He's not a child.

He's a grown up, and needs to act like one.

Well, he wouldn't say he wanted to be a hero, but all he wanted to do was protecting Beomgyu, and surrendering to the vampire hunters. He's afraid that, if he does it later, the vampire hunters might find Beomgyu and kill him. And for this, he needs to sacrifice himself. He just wants his brother's safety, that's all.

Yeonjun doesn't want that.

He rather die, than losing his only brother.

He keeps running and eventually arrived at the unfamiliar police station. Without wasting any seconds, he barged in startling all the cops in there before yelling ;

"I'M THE ONE WHO KILLED ONE OF THE STUDENT IN THE DORM TODAY"