DISCREET NOT DISCREET

June was sitting on his desk in the staffroom where he was working as a substitute teacher. It was lunch time and June was eating his sandwich. He sunk his teeth into his sandwich and savoured the cheesy texture. June felt his phone vibrated against his pocket. He looked at his phone and tapped on the text which was from an unknown number.

Unknown: Hey, June! It's Noah, what you doing?

June: Something tells me you don't have a lot of friends.

Noah: I do have a lot of friends.But you are special because you are my new friend!

June: So, once you find a new friend you will toss me away?

Noah: No I won't! You are special! You looked after me when I was drunk! I am giving you the title as my wet nurse!

June: Your keyword is "servant". Wet nurse is some one who is not your mother but breast feeds you. Your use of word is completely wrong and I am blocking you. Bye.

Suddenly, the unknown number flashed over June's screen. He took his sweet time to answer by drinking his apple juice and washing away the bits of sandwich from his mouth.

June finally answered the phone when it rang for the second time.

What?" he snapped, as a greeting.

"Don't block me, June!" Came Noah's frantic voice.

June rolled his eyes even if Noah wouldn't see him, "Fine. Why did you called me?"

"What are doing?" Noah asked his voice cheerful, "Let's hang out!"

June leaned on his chair, "I can't," he replied. "I am just now a substitute teacher. I have around three classes full of brats to teach," June explained.

Noah whistled, "Wow, you sound like Monday."

"I feel like Monday," June paused, "W...we could meet for dinner?" he asked. He quickly added, "I don't want to eat alone, now that I am single. I feel lonely."

"Okay,"Noah immediately agreed, "Where do you want to eat?"

June held his sandwich and chewed it slowly, "I am okay with whatever you choose. Text me the place and time. I will come."

"Okay," Noah said, and then hung up.

"Are you single, Mr. Weng?" a disembodied voice asked startling June. He looked up to see a woman around her mid thirties with dark hair tied into a secure bun and square glass. Her eyes twinkled excitedly as she looked at June with an eager expression.

"Erm..." June trailed off, suddenly remembering what the teacher who he was substituting for had warned him about.

Finn handed June a dark blue file, "Make around thirty copy of this for the class and tell them to go through it for the weekly test."

June nodded his head.

"Class B is horrendous and the students talk back a lot so, please be patient," Finn said shooting an apologetic look at June, "The students are also taller and bulkier than you."

"Okay..." June slowly said, starting to have doubts about being a substitute teacher to earn extra cash.+

"Weng, are you single?" Finn asked.

Surprised at the unexpected question, June shook his head.

Finn placed his hand on June's shoulder and gave him a solemn look, his eyes were no more holding any warmth and frankness,"Then you need to be really careful infront of one staff."