STAY AWAY FROM US

Noah opened his closet and began to pack his clothes. He had made up his mind. He was going to–

"Noah...?"

Noah whipped his head and saw his elder brother by the bedroom door.

"Chris? What are you doing here?"

Chris' jet black eyes stared at the luggage and clothes on Noah's hands, "A...are you gonna go somewhere?"

Noah licked his lips, "I..." H let out a sigh and ran his hand over his hair.

"Close the door."

Chris closed the door. He gave Noah a worried look and sat at the edge of the bed, "What's wrong?"

Chris would have inherit the company but he was just assigned as the head of the design department, yet he never held a grudge against Noah and schemed against him. Instead Chris was always there for him and supported him.

Chris was Noah's biggest pillar whenever he was bullied by his other brother. Chris would be there ready to flick Justin's forehead and calm a small crying Noah.

When their mother died, Chris pushed his pain aside and  comforted a mourning Noah. Noah felt extremely lucky to have Chris. He knew Chris would understand the decision he had took.

"I want to leave the company," Noah admitted, "I don't want to marry Clover, I have someone else."

Chris's eyebrows rose towards his hairline,"Noah, you are getting engaged with her in five days."

"I know," Noah said, feeling dejected, "But the Xiao's want their daughter to marry me because I am the CEO of the company, if I resign from my post then I am no one, the Xiao family will not be interested in me."

Chris pursed his lips into a thin line and studied his brother, "Who is the girl–"

"I love a guy," Noah cut in.

"A guy." Chris repeated dumbly.

None of them spoke as the silence thicken. Both brother's looked at each other waiting for someone to break the silence. Noah avoided his brother's eyes ready to get lectured. He tightly closed his eyes when Chris cleared his throat.

But Chris asked something that surprised Noah.

"This guy...would he love you even if you leave the company? Are you sure he is not after your money?"

"No, he won't leave me,"Noah said in a heart beat, June's face popping in his mind, Noah immediately felt himself smiling when he remembered June saying he would marry him with a ring from Walmart.

Noah smiled more widely. Chris didn't tell anything about how wrong it is for a man to be together with another man instead he was just concerned about the guy he claimed to live would turn out to be a gold digger. He gave his brother a grateful smile.

Chris nodded. He observed his brother with silent eyes. Noah had always hid his pain and anger behind wide smiles and loud voice. He was never easy to read but right now Chris would read him like a open book and Noah's eyes looked deep and soulful unlike the fake sparkle he put on. Chris would see that the fake sparkles in Noah's tired eye had been replaced with a genuine one.

Chris smiled, his baby brother had finally found happiness.

"I will support you with whatever makes you happy," he paused, a frown etching his handsome face, "What about dad?"

"I will talk with him," Noah said, as he dropped his clothes in the luggage.

"So," Chris said, looking at the open luggage, "Are you gonna go right away?"