Chapter 3

"Severus is a lucky man." The dark lord commented after some time. "I thought you hated him but you took his side instead of your best friends'."

"They are talking nonsense." She said not looking into his eyes and he twirled her before placing his hand back on her waist.

"I heard. I wanted to see how you would react before I came to you." He said shocking her. "You may think I'm a heartless bastard but I do care about my death eaters even if I don't show it."

"I-I didn't know. Dumbledore-"

"Is an old man who doesn't know everything." He cut her off gently.

"Severus said that you- you won't try to kill me anymore." She said daring to look at his face.

"That would be right." He hummed and she waited for him to say more but he stayed quiet.

"Why?" She asked him and he didn't answer her for sometime.

"That's a tough question. Why I don't want to kill you anymore? May be cause I don't want to die again or maybe cause Severus promised you won't try to fight against me or maybe cause I have my sanity back and want to concentrate on what I started before I tried to kill you for the first time or maybe just because I don't want to." He said to her.

"I-" "My Lord if I may be bold to cut in?" Lucius said coming beside them. The dark lord just chuckled and nodded moving away from her. "You can Lucius. Till next time Mrs Snape." The dark nodded at her before leaving towards the other death eaters.

"Mrs Snape, I know we don't have a great past but I hope we can put the past differences aside as we are going to live in the same house." Lucius said swaying to the music lightly. Everyone here are great dancers except her even Remus who said he doesn't know how to dance is better than her.

"Of course Lord Malfoy." She smiled at him and he shook his head.

"Call me Lucius. We are family now." He said and she just nodded her head.

"I'm sorry about your friend Mr Weasley. Draco can't take it when someone insults his family." Lucius said looking over her shoulder towards where Ronald must be sitting still in purple and green.

"No, it's fine. I was actually thinking of hexing him a while back but he is already colourful." She giggled a little making him chuckle.

"Oh, you should've added some more colours make him a walking rainbow or something." He suggested and she thought about it.

"Next time. I don't want to spoil my night listening to him whine and cry that you snakes turned his best mate dark." She said seriously before both of them laughed. "If someone said to me an year back that I would be dancing with Lucius Malfoy in my wedding with Severus Snape and not only enjoy it but also laugh with him. I would've recommended them to join Neville's parents in St. Mungo's." She said making him shake his head in amusement.

"Yeah, who would've thought?" He said to her.

"I don't want to pry but who is Malfoy, I mean Draco going to marry? I hope it's not Parkinson as I can't stand to stay in the same room as her for even five minutes." She said shuddering a little and he laughed lightly confusing her. "What's funny? I hate her." She asked him.

"Severus and I had the same conversation before coming here. And don't worry he is going to marry Astoria Greengrass." He said making her sigh in relief.

"That's great. I saw them walking around the black lake a few times holding hands. I didn't think much of it at that time but I guess they are dating, I don't know." She said to him.