DEAL

It was been two days.

Two days of quite and peace.

There wasn't anyone who loudly greeted Ian and nagged him almost every time to be their friend.

Ian felt peace.

"Why are you smiling so much?" his mom asked as she turned off the car engines.

Ian quickly fixed his lips and cleared his throat, "I am not smiling."

"Yes, you are not," his mom muttered.

"Bye mom," he said then opened the door and got out of the car. He walked behind the school bus to feed Cookie as usual.

However, when he reached the corner of the bus, he froze.

June Weng was playing happily with Cookie.

"What are you doing here?" Ian hissed.

June looked up and gave him a wide smile, "Hi, Ian! What are doing here?"

"That's my dog," Ian flatly said, pointing at Cookie.

June looked at Cookie who was enjoying his ear rub and back at Ian .

"No, it's my dog," June said. June remembered Cookie because he came here to feed him with Ian before.

"...dude, it's a stray!" Ian snapped. He gave Cookie a betrayed look but the big brown ball of fluff was busy wagging his tail as he enjoyed June's ear rub.

"I feed him!" June defended himself.

"I feed him too!" Ian angrily said, "Oh what now?", He waved his lunch bag in the air with frustration, "Are you gonna tell me you have a name for him?"

June stopped rubbing Cookie's ear and slowly answered, "...yes."

"Well, screw you, I have a name for him too." Ian stubbornly snapped.

"What do you call him?" June asked, even thought he knew both of them called Cookie with the same name.

"None of your business," Ian snapped and crouched down to open his lunch box and take out the extra box.

Cookie wagged his tail and came towards Ian's direction.

Ian smiled at Cookie.

"You are a smart dog, aren't ya?" He said , as he pet his head in a fast motion, "You already have someone feeding you, yet you go on eating what other people give you."

He gave June a nasty sideway glance.

"Cookie is really a sweet dog isn't he?" June said with a giggle.

Ian snapped his head at him, "Cookie?"

June nodded his head, "That's my name for him. He is brown and sweet like a cookie, so I named him that."

Ian said nothing and turned his gaze back to Cookie who was happily eating the food he got him.

After Cookie finished eating, Ian gave him one last pat and got up.

"Ian wait!" June called.

Ian rolled his eyes and did not stopped walking. He heard June's footsteps come closer towards him. Ian started to take long strides to distance himself from June.

"We can start feeding Cookie together and be friends!" Ian heard June gush excitedly.

Ian stopped in his tracks when he suddenly remembered June was in poor health. However, June was still rambling about how they could feed Cookie together everyday as he tried to catch up with Ian's fast pace and ending up hitting his back.